Archinect
anchor

Best attributes of a Dream House

Transparence

What are the attributes you would prefer in your ‘Dream House’?

May 31, 12 6:12 am

someone else to take care of it. 

oh, and insulation. 

May 31, 12 7:07 am  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

quite a nice topic.

i always liked to have a big window with a very generous wall-inset ledge that doubles up as a built-in "chaise-lounge". what do you call it exactly? you could then plop throw pillows, make comfy and read or draw.

May 31, 12 7:34 am  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

i also like discreet wall closets that run the length of corridors in the domestic quarters for storage outside the bedroom proper areas. but in a nice way, perhaps incorporating windows so its not claustrophobic.....hey...also a wall height-length exposed book case in the same area (corridor)....no no, better, closet space and book shelves randomly arrange with good taste forming the wall areas...a whole corridor of that, with windows.. windows at a non-orthogonal angle, to the corridor walls, to get the best out of thick walls. yes, i confess, i love thick walls, inhabiting thick walls...can be used for storage, rest areas, cosy, ..etc

May 31, 12 7:41 am  · 
 · 

I  like trap doors with pools of hungry piranhas underneath.  Sadism, yo!

May 31, 12 10:09 am  · 
1  · 
****melt

A rainwater collection system, heated floors, and a tankless or solar water heater. And free maintenance/upkeep.  A personal chef might be nice too.

May 31, 12 10:55 am  · 
 · 
Rusty!

A house that can be afforded on architectural salary. Not a dream house as much as a fantasy house.

May 31, 12 11:27 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

piranhas.  with lasers.

also, don't forget the toilet.  a necessary addition to any modern house.

May 31, 12 12:07 pm  · 
 · 

Small, lots of built ins, perfectly sited, dramatic yet simple...very simple. Lots of operable clerestory windows, large terrace with large windows perfectly located, yet adequate privacy,  indoor/ outdoor living, red stained concrete floor, and lots of plywood.

May 31, 12 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
dionysus

i've been thinking about a yacht or houseboat lately.  sick and tired of land and site.

May 31, 12 2:46 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

windows that face the outside

and floors: what's up with that?

May 31, 12 11:32 pm  · 
 · 
oiko

A house that will steam clean itself.

Jun 2, 12 6:54 pm  · 
 · 
w. architect

No mortgage!

Jun 3, 12 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
RValu100

I don't dream about houses, unless I'm having a nightmare.

May 13, 20 4:28 pm  · 
 · 

I’d want a lot of outdoor space and plant life. Say I had an acre, I’d want about two thirds of that to be outdoor space. Something akin to the Huntington Library Botanical Gardens vibe for those familiar with it. 

In terms of the actual house, any kind of blend between something Murcutt and something Kogan and I’d be happy. 

May 14, 20 4:56 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Best attributes of a dream house? That it's gone as soon as you wake up, and can start designing it all over again!

May 14, 20 5:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: