Archinect
anchor

Archinect Personals; How would you attract that perfect....

the silent observer

So, in my search for a job, and the inevitable time spend reading through job post listings and responding, I've decided that this process is like, well, participating in a really horrible version of online dating. And I think, well, hell, that'd be a much more efficient way of meeting that perfect potential employer.

So, if job hunting were really like online dating, what would YOUR ad be?

here's an attempt by me:

S.A.M. (Single Architecture Male) 4 Cool Job.

S.A.M in search of internship at exciting, dynamic office. Would prefer financial compensation commensurate to cost of living, but would accept peanuts if firm work has been widely published or you are constantly referenced within the circles of architecture literati. Am able to decipher complex jargon and interpret conceptual B.S. Versatile, can perform many positions, and have experience using multiple forms of media. Depending on status within constellation of “starchitects”, would consider responding to “bitch” or “monkey” for the honor of having your name listed on my resume.

Dec 15, 06 11:32 am
contemax

dont read the to much job listings, read the arch-competition-news watch out for the winners and SPAM them send a hardcopy of your portfolio call them. be seducing diva not a unmotivated bitch...

maybe some tips and tricks like his could help you out in your dating plans:
http://becomeaplayer.com/tips.htm

Dec 15, 06 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
the silent observer

come on peeps...I know you archintectors out there are not shy :)

points for creativity, double-entendres and obscure references...

Dec 15, 06 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

To be loved you must make yourself lovable...

Dec 15, 06 4:46 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Hi.

Dec 15, 06 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
aquapura

i AM a fancy graphics lover

Dec 15, 06 5:43 pm  · 
 · 
ChAOS

SAF Seeking LTR w/ Mentally Stable Firm

SAF, early 30s with varied experience in the industry is seeking a LTR with a healthy firm. You must value good design (not just urban fabric), be adventurous, intuitive, and faith based (meaning have faith in your staff). Project must be of value to society versus purely profit oriented. Must value mentoring of both staff and client and show appreciation for those who work hard rather than those who kiss ass. Opportunities for growth should be given to those with experience and talent. Ego must be healthy and in check, elitist attitudes need not apply. I will bring passion that exceeds the norm, a penchant for understanding the world in a completely different way (leading to interesting solutions which will help the status of the firm grow), subtle dry humor, a happiness which will make you want to come in to the office daily, ability to form great relationships with clients, engineers and contractors, and talent waiting to be fully realized. And yes, I do know how a building goes together and can redline a set like there's no tomorrow.

That's hard to do. I feel like I could write 8 more paragraphs!

Dec 16, 06 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
Nevermore

Hi , Iam an architect,
I'm into erecting thingies .

ok no, that wont work , will it. ?

Dec 18, 06 12:38 am  · 
 · 
Katze

Huh huh, he said erecting thingies!!!

Dec 18, 06 12:56 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

Katze, i was talking of Buildings and houses and stuff like that.

Dec 18, 06 1:09 am  · 
 · 
Katze

Doh!

Dec 18, 06 1:42 am  · 
 · 
binary

"i can do the robot"

that should work

:

Dec 18, 06 1:52 am  · 
 · 
mdler

SWM architect looking for someone not an architect. Must be able to supprot my broke, druk ass

Dec 18, 06 11:56 am  · 
 · 
ChAOS

druk? ;)

Dec 18, 06 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

case in point :)

Dec 18, 06 3:57 pm  · 
 · 
dml955i

You had me at "can perform many positions"...

Dec 18, 06 3:59 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

Underweight, malnourished, over-educated elitist architecture student seeks firm with penchant for hyper-intellectualization and inability to build real buildings. Obsession with graphics a +. Turnons: Elitist and condescending attitude towards those that actually get work built. Inability to comprehend why one should get licensed. Turnoffs: construction, getting your hands dirty, resolving details.

Dec 18, 06 6:09 pm  · 
 · 

SGF seeking FTP @ diverse graphics house. Specialize in evironmental graphics, but like to keep things exciting with different sorts, esp. packaging. I am a material girl, and my turn-ons include anything soft, shiny, fuzzy, or perforated, as well as hand-made comps and short runs. Turn-offs include (but are not limited to) bosses who expect me to work while they dictate over my shoulder, Auto-CAD, and micro-management.

Dec 18, 06 8:13 pm  · 
 · 

p.s.- bring architectural experience to environmental jobs, inc. thorough knowledge of applicable codes

Dec 18, 06 8:15 pm  · 
 · 
the silent observer

awww....thanks dml....I appreciate that :)

Dec 18, 06 11:44 pm  · 
 · 

SAM seeking partner who can create renders in difficult programs in the snap of a finger, yet is committed being a CAD monkey when called upon.

Dec 22, 06 3:55 pm  · 
 · 

My current favourite dating personals style comes from the London Review of Books link of which mine (job-wise) might go something like this:

Man seeks 10am start and proper lunch break.
'Thinking time' billable
Genuis levels of undemonstrable talent but, being a gent / lady of a boss, you'll trust the cut of my suit.
Smoking patio with canopy and rattan furniture preferred, but proximity to a well-landscaped public park will do.
Commitment to the details and the epic sweep of professional values should be taken as read: certainly the spirit of them: one assumes there are other members of staff with computer skills and not otherwise engaged on the internet.

Dec 22, 06 4:22 pm  · 
 · 

P.S. Katze's Beavis cartoon and associated motto would make an excellent business card.

Dec 22, 06 4:24 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Huh huh, he said fancy graphics.

3DH4Ever

Dec 23, 06 2:17 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

fuck the bullshit and start a paisley band already...

Dec 23, 06 3:26 am  · 
 · 

Oh yea and preferably the son/daughter of wealthy architecturally interested philantrophists

Dec 23, 06 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
Katze
Dec 23, 06 5:35 pm  · 
 · 
I love archinect

by posting lots of threads so you get lots of attention. hahaha

Dec 23, 06 9:37 pm  · 
 · 
archbishop

Thinking time being billable goes without saying, no?

Dec 25, 06 6:44 pm  · 
 · 

in a perfect world archbishop, in a perfect world

Dec 26, 06 2:19 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: