Archinect
anchor

3D Renders

designserve

Hi....am from chicago area and have been serving architects nationwide.I work out of Chicago.I am starting up a site called www.erenderz.com .It is under construction and have some small samples in http://www.ifreelance.com/provider/portfolio/slideview.aspx?providerid=15522

Please have a look and tel me how I can service you guys.My charges are very low and I do a neat work.

Dec 13, 06 4:20 pm
momentum

SPAM

Dec 13, 06 9:57 pm  · 
 · 

not only spam.... undercooked spam.

Dec 13, 06 10:19 pm  · 
 · 
designserve

Guys!!! assure you ...it is not spam.

Dec 13, 06 10:28 pm  · 
 · 
designserve

have a look at my portfolio....still if u feel it to be spam...then I need to improve

Dec 13, 06 10:29 pm  · 
 · 
todd

yes, definitely improve and dont use a strip clup render as your "portfolio". i mean cmon, it's a strip club for crying out loud.

Dec 13, 06 10:34 pm  · 
 · 
designserve

Done sir!!! will change the portfolio pics..Thanx for the tip.Just thought the colors will be appealing to the persons who see it.The colors were selected by an architect in Philly.

Dec 13, 06 10:39 pm  · 
 · 
ArT.

I was going to mention something about servicing archinectors, but that might be a little rude.

Dec 13, 06 10:55 pm  · 
 · 
not_here

dude.
get skills.
then set-up shop.
i can pull better renders in 20 minutes of set-up time.
especially when using fake lighting like that.

Dec 13, 06 11:07 pm  · 
 · 

That's what I meant by 'undercooked spam'. It's not tasty Hawaiian spam, it's direct-from-the-can not so appetizing spam.

Dec 13, 06 11:25 pm  · 
 · 
axial753

to be honest, you need to brush up on your rendering skills.

Dec 13, 06 11:36 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

Hey guys, give him a break. they might be passable

.....if it were 1994.

Dec 13, 06 11:44 pm  · 
 · 
Dazed and Confused

young and enthusiastic spam (I hope)

Dec 14, 06 3:02 am  · 
 · 
axial753

1994.....LOL

Dec 14, 06 4:06 am  · 
 · 
designserve

I simply dont understand....All you guys have written criticisms on the lighting,color,nature of job,etc....All these were not my ideas.The idea was of an architect like you.I just brought it to form.

I couldnot post some of my other ones bcos of size

Dec 14, 06 9:45 am  · 
 · 
misterTT

it's a bit hard to accept some of these, because a lot of us know some fairly basic things (that don't take any longer to do) that would help those renderings a lot.
for instance the places where you have taken time to include texture (mostly wood flooring) seem out of scale, and look too much like the original jpg map. the lighting, even if somewhat dictated by the client, should not be unflattering to the space. in this sense, i think you could take some liberty and be a bit more subtle. maybe it's just a matter of switching to mental ray with area shadows, or turning final gather on and reducing the lighting.
it seems safe to say that the turn-around time for your examples must be fairly quick, and one has to respect the expediency of production; but as addictionbomb mentioned, there's a lot to the initial setup that could help. literally twenty minutes of tweaking might make huge difference. what software are you abusing to get these out?

Dec 14, 06 10:03 am  · 
 · 
misterTT

the elevator interior looks pretty nice though

Dec 14, 06 10:05 am  · 
 · 
axial753

check out www.cgarchitect.com to see how renderers can make ugly designs look amazing.

Dec 14, 06 12:40 pm  · 
 · 

The only one that looked like it had any real potential was the elevator interior. Take a look at some of these to see how much more real you can get.

Dec 14, 06 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
contemax
www.dbox.com

... but I think it depends on your clients, if you are working mostly for stripclub-architects, nightclub-designers, and tittytwister-duds,
you have great client and they will appreciate your work. sexbusiness is always booming i guess... so at least you can pay your bills.

bytheway... I would like to have clients like pablo escobar..

Dec 14, 06 1:38 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

Passable?

Dec 14, 06 1:43 pm  · 
 · 
contemax

designserve... dont take this critics to personal and dont let yourseft get intimidated... for sure you are a great guy and (maybe) you can have big succsess in your new business.... but young architects (...and students) are working every day with the cracked versions of the stateoftheart 3dmodeling-render and lightningsoftware.. so I think your target audience is not in this forum, its all about marketpositioning.

Dec 14, 06 1:54 pm  · 
 · 
contemax

renderings are always art-ificial but a good rendering has to show also some genuin truth:

welcome to hell !!!

http://www.auralab.com/galerie01/image70.html

Dec 14, 06 2:17 pm  · 
 · 
designserve

Man,

I got a badgering here.....did this job for a client in a total of 14 hours day in and day out....trust I should have put in my other renders here which were more of exteriors.....Oh Boy!!!

Anyways,I should tell you that this job fetched me a lot of money and a lot more restaurant designs.

When I get to know more about people in this forum,I will probably float a lot more ...to get in more critisicms...It helps to bleed

Dec 14, 06 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

how much do you charge by the way?

Dec 14, 06 2:57 pm  · 
 · 
designserve

I charge $18/Hr and work online from Chicago

Dec 14, 06 5:09 pm  · 
 · 
Gloominati

You said that the job took 14 hours and "fetched me a lot of money". But at $18 you only took in $252. If you're a legitimate business then you're paying a lot of taxes on that, since you're self-employed. In the end you're probably keeping no more than about 64% of that after taxes and social security - or $161. Even assuming you bring in enough work to keep you busy 40 hours per week, at that rate you'd come out ahead working a $15 per hour office job - and you'd probably get health insurance and other benefits. It would take 1 or 2 of these $252 jobs per month just to pay for individual health insurance...

Dec 14, 06 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
designserve

I charge $18/hr.But I didnot tell you that I charged that money for thie job he had given me.....I get really more when It is asked in a jiffy!!!

Dec 14, 06 5:45 pm  · 
 · 
designserve

And who says running a business...leave alone starting one is easy!!!!

Dec 14, 06 5:46 pm  · 
 · 
Gloominati

I don't understand though why you'd charge such a low rate. I did freelance 3D work in the late 1990s and billed at $82 per hour. Is the market so flooded with 3D people these days that things have dropped to such a low?

I agree with a lot of the posts here - your texture maps in particular are distracting and give away the "fakeness" of the image. If you are working very quickly and don't want to put in the time to work on your textures carefully then you would really be better off just dealing with flatter, more uniform abstractions of materials. You also lose a lot of "realness" by not rounding edges (there's no such thing as a perfectly square corner or knife-sharp edge on anything in real life) and by not providing dealing with edges where materials meet (real flooring never meets walls in a 100% square, edge-less way.)

Dec 14, 06 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

yes all good points. Designserve, all I have to say (with regards to the peanut gallery here) is that you use DISCLAIMERS
it will help the anal bleeding.

my $.02

Dec 14, 06 5:55 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

designserv,

it's best for you to approach small offices who occasionaly need renderings for maybe architectural review boards...in most cases review boards will require some type of rendering to evaluate the look of the building, hand out to the neighborhood, etc...that seems to be your market....

like contemax mentioned the people here aren't your demographic...most people here want hyper renders and they can do those themselves..

Dec 14, 06 6:00 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

you should double that designserv...18 for profit 18 for overhead...

Dec 14, 06 6:01 pm  · 
 · 
designserve

Formerly,Finally I have one person who can really give me a direction to improve...For me,the rest are spam....Improvement comes from criticisms,positive ones
Dammsons....My clientele comprises of Architects,brand marketeers,Interior designers and so on.I have managed to get in a few deals.

I will definitely charge more.I need to improve for that and I need to have a handle on timings.Of course!!The market is flodded with renderers and is very competitive.

Dec 14, 06 6:41 pm  · 
 · 

The reason you got spam is that you gave spam- you didn't say "am I good? how can I improve?". You said, "how I can service you guys.My charges are very low and I do a neat work." Which sounded like you wanted people here to hire you. People looking for criticism get better criticism than people who claim to be good and want work.

Dec 14, 06 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
designserve

how come there was one guy who gave in a positive critisicm??There goes the difference.

Dec 14, 06 7:16 pm  · 
 · 
because you didn't ask for criticism. you asked for us to hire you.
Dec 14, 06 7:17 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

designserve...just relax now...don't say anymore...

Dec 14, 06 7:18 pm  · 
 · 
designserve

Yessir!! Advice taken!!!

Dec 14, 06 7:25 pm  · 
 · 
momentum

did you know that the website "www.spamrender.com" is not used? i was quite suprised when i checked.

Dec 14, 06 7:38 pm  · 
 · 
designserve

believe u need to render ur comments there and make it your own...should suit you...momentum

Dec 14, 06 9:23 pm  · 
 · 
pencebor

those renderings do look fresh...but dont get me wrong, ive seen worse renderings on billboards throughout the city.

Dec 14, 06 11:56 pm  · 
 · 
momentum

i beleive you should take the money you earned from those renderings, and take a class in rendering.

Dec 15, 06 12:36 am  · 
 · 
designserve

Thanx a lot for your advice momentum

Dec 15, 06 8:45 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: