Archinect
anchor

Aerotek?

thedrizzle

Anyone worked for/with an architecture staffing agency called Aerotek? I'm specifically interested in New York, but they are national. What was your experience? Positive? Negative?

Dec 11, 06 5:29 pm
b3tadine[sutures]

make them prove they have job openings, and not just padding their files with new resumes.

Dec 11, 06 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
binary

i went through them ..... got stiffed in pay/hour........ i told them a specific number then my interview came and i sort of left the door open without saying specifics since i thought aerotek would told them my price....well... had some issues with that...then when i had to sign the tax stuff.... there was other papers to sign and i wasnt down with that.... told him i wont sign them and then he got all bitchy..wtf....... so, watch your back...... if they would have taken care of the situation in the begiinning then it would have been a different story..

:

any they can cut you any time and in the clause, it said you cant get hired in outside the agency for 180 days.....

Dec 11, 06 6:41 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

They call me about once a month. I've told them on multiple occasions to stop calling. They're like my mother-in-law!

Dec 12, 06 10:48 am  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

I had a great experience, so I guess it depends on the city/region. They really helped since I'm not the best interviewee, and gave some pretty good advice on resume tweaking and project profiling.

I even got a higher salary than I expected because they basically acted as my agent without taking any off the top.

Seems like Aerotek is better for people looking to get into the big firms.

It's a little bit of hand holding, but some of us really needed it.

Dec 12, 06 11:05 am  · 
 · 
sammyboy77

I second what Chili Davis said, they will call you forever.

Dec 12, 06 1:19 pm  · 
 · 
binary

there's 2 ways they get paid...

lump sum per person they find.... like a reference fee

or they basically contract you out to the firms...... so if you are making 20 and hour, they are pimpin' you for 40-50 ...

once the firm the the agency agree on a price, most of the time the agency will come back and low ball you on your rate so they get a few more bucks per hour in their pocket.....

all they do is find people to fill a seat...mostly for cad work...production.....

when i interviewed at the agency, i brought my portfolio and the guy really didnt have a clue and really didnt want to see it...wtf.... he was the arch/engineering rep..... so right there i sort of knew i would be in for a ride......

if you can figure out the places they have contacts at, try to contract yourself out.... some firms require you need a desktop computer and a registered version of cad...... ask how i know......

just be real firm on your standing and if they try to low-ball you, tell them you have other jobs in mind......

:

Dec 12, 06 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

Like I said, must be realtive to region or city or the individual aerotek person. The a/e aerotek people really took an interest in the whole process, portfolio, resume, etc. They are also involved in intern committees and organizations with the local aia chapter, so they are trying to stay in tune with interns' concerns. Maybe this guy is just really earnest.

Dec 12, 06 2:54 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: