Archinect
anchor

Richard Meier's guts

ripomatic

I live a few blocks away from the construction site of Richard Meier's new apartment building in Grand Army Plaza, Brooklyn.

I've been visiting it recently late at night to get some night shots. I love the way the guts of a building look as it's being constructed, especially when the exterior is only partially completed.

Please check them out on my Flickr account. They are the batch on the right entitled "Richard Meier's guts." I'll be updating as frequently as possible.

I wouldn't mind feedback on the photos...I'd like to use them as part of my portfolio when I apply to M.Arch programs in 2007.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/18167646@N00/
my username is slopepics

Nov 30, 06 2:37 pm
starrchitect

What kind of camera are you using?...The resolution looks nice.

Nov 30, 06 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
ripomatic

Nikon D50, I'm really happy with it. I have a really sturdy tripod. Those shots were at 200 ISO and a moderate F stop. Generally between 4 and 20 second exposure times.

Nov 30, 06 3:24 pm  · 
 · 
ripomatic

comments...? anyone...? are any of these portfolio worthy?

how sad and lonely this post is.

Nov 30, 06 4:32 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Don't be sad! Do a search for the Archinecture group, ask to join, and I'll add you when I get home later. I have some comments but I am busy right now....

Nov 30, 06 4:51 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I mean, if you want to join, that would be a good way to let everyone see your photos, etc. No pressure. ;o)

Nov 30, 06 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

orenstein

personally i find your pictures of people to be more compelling...
a couple of the meier pics seemed to be framed well..but others
just seem like construction photos...i did like the one with the
construction fencing on different levels.

Nov 30, 06 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
ripomatic

WonderK, thanks for the tip. I just submitted my request to join.

Larslarson. I appreciate the feedback. I agree with you. I took them last night while I wasn't feeling very picturey. I really like construction sites, but often I have difficulty identifying the particular elements of a site that are most interesting.

Nov 30, 06 5:15 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: