Archinect
anchor

Autocad plotting help

silverlake

When I send plot files (to a print shop), text and lines are off-setting really randomly. I've haven't had this problem until after I installed 2004. All of these flaws aren't showing up in the print preview, so I don't discover them until after I've picked up my drawings. Please help me before I lose my mind... Its really frusterating! Any thoughts on why its doing this?

Nov 7, 06 8:38 pm
spaceghost

try sending the files as pdf's to be plotted. maybe if those work it is something with the plt file or with their pltfile reader. anyways i found that pdf's eliminate for the most part any difference in your penstyle and their plotter. just make sure they don't scale to plot (ie make sure everything is printing at 100% so you can scale your drawings later)

Nov 7, 06 9:01 pm  · 
 · 
PetePeterson

yeah write them as PDF's first then you can check first.... or sometime's I'd do them as DWF's.... try that and if it doesn't work get a t-square

Nov 8, 06 12:04 am  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

The pdf thing will work, just be careful, my old print shop charged considerably more for "processing" pdf's than plt's.

Nov 8, 06 12:04 am  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

I've forgotten the name, but I used to use some program from Oce for submitting plt's to the print shop that had a really good plt preview that showed you exactly what you were going to get.

Nov 8, 06 12:07 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

are you doing other tasks during the creation of the plot files?(archinecting?)...this is just a wild hunch...but if you are, then you might be interrupting the plot file being written...same idea as having skips on a burnt audio cd because the computer was overloaded while it was burning the CD...

Nov 8, 06 12:13 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

are you doing other tasks during the creation of the plot files?(archinecting?)...this is just a wild hunch...but if you are, then you might be interrupting the plot file being written...same idea as having skips on a burnt audio cd because the computer was overloaded while it was burning the CD...

Nov 8, 06 12:16 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: