Archinect
anchor

code compliance

meow

Can anyone inform me on what a code compliance chart is and how they are used? Is there any information on the web that would be helpful? Thanks in advance.

Nov 6, 06 10:09 pm
strlt_typ

meow,

you can buy these at a hardware store...the publisher, codecheck.com, also publishes ones for plumbing, electrical, and etc...is that what you're looking for?

it's formatted like a check list...and organized by construction/inspection phase...the book uses simplified language and has ben franklin cartoons that explain the code visually...they use ben franklin as a character because according to the introduction, ben franklin pretty much poineered the american building code...

also, it's not big and heavy so you can put it in your binder or whatever you carry...it's 8-1/2 x 11...it's great to have on your desk while you're drawing for quick code reference or at the jobsite...

i browse through it once in a while even if i'm not looking for a certain code just to learn about things like holddowns or whatever...

it's 16 bucks or so...

Nov 6, 06 11:37 pm  · 
 · 
meow

wow, dammson thats awesome, thanks

Nov 7, 06 6:35 am  · 
 · 
crowbert

Chicago has a code matrix which I got off of their DCAP website a long time ago (and have recycled it since) - which is only helpful if you're working in chicago, or just learning and getting familiar with the terminology.

I've seen the codecheck book - its pretty nice & concise - but I've already post-it tabbed my IRC & IBC codebooks. Otherwise I'd recommend it.

Nov 7, 06 6:19 pm  · 
 · 
silverlake

excuse me, but are you saying meow?

Nov 7, 06 8:39 pm  · 
 · 
meow

meow

Nov 7, 06 10:51 pm  · 
 · 
meow

crowbert, what is the dcap website?

Nov 7, 06 10:53 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

hey i thought i was the meow around here? I've been replaced...:(

Nov 8, 06 12:58 am  · 
 · 
garpike

Hmmm... Katze, you're the real thing. Meow is all meow and no Katze.

Nov 8, 06 1:12 am  · 
 · 
Katze

no that is what I am tak'n about.. thanks garpike you da bomb.

Nov 8, 06 1:16 am  · 
 · 
ThriftyAcres

Codes? What the F do you need to know about codes for. Can't we just have Ed, or is it Nino, call up his "guy" and take care of this shiz...damn!

p.s. meow, hot!

Nov 8, 06 7:30 pm  · 
 · 
meow

meow.........purrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......purrrrrrrrrrrrrr............meow

Nov 9, 06 2:12 pm  · 
 · 
crowbert

the city of chicago has freakin' long url's. when you are there, search for "code Matrix" - i just save things as I find them, too much stuff moves around in there.

Nov 15, 06 4:44 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: