Archinect
anchor

HSMP - How to prove License is not the requirement to get job in UK

Hello,
If any of you have succeeded to get HSMP for UK (or have been working on it) - Please give me some advice.

I am now working on the HSMP application, and trying to figure out how to "prove" that I should still be able to get job without the professional license in UK.
I have been looking for job posting wesites in UK - but have not found many.

What did you do to get this section done?

Thank you!!

Nov 5, 06 4:16 pm
naya

even i m also confused about this.. I really want to know if an applicant is allowed to go through the exams required for the registration at ARB or RIBA..

And what are other rights given to the HSMP holder? whether it is good for an architect to enter UK for 2 years on HSMP!!!

Please help.

Jan 25, 07 11:48 am  · 
 · 

HSMP?

Jan 25, 07 11:53 am  · 
 · 
naya

highly skilled migrant programme... The highly bachelors are allowerd to enter UK on this scheme for two years first and then three years as an extension.

you can see the details on the web: www.workingintheuk.gov.uk

But they don't have the details abt the questions i have on the website...

So people in practice in the uk please help.

Jan 25, 07 12:36 pm  · 
 · 

The RIBA have parts I, II and III exams, the last of which allows one to register as an Architect with ARB. These exams are done via the schools of architecture. As far as I'm aware, ARB also runs exams equivalent to RIBA parts II and III for overseas students. Certainly there is one for the part III bit. I'm not sure which overseas qualifications and from which institutions are recognised by ARB as counting as equivalent to the earlier RIBA exams.

The ARB exam is controversially expensive: they claim the fee simply covers their costs and no more...

The ARB website may have the appropriate details, or you could give them a call, maybe?

http://www.arb.org.uk/registration/guidance-on-registering-as-an-architect/contents.shtml

All the best.

Jan 25, 07 12:49 pm  · 
 · 
naya

thank you for the information. i have one more question.

Can anybody get a job as an architect without having a license of riba or arb and having a license of council of architecture INDA?

Jan 26, 07 9:14 am  · 
 · 
BOTS

we are not desparate for architects!

naya - technically no - see my other post on workiing in the UK

Jan 26, 07 10:08 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: