Archinect
anchor

parking deck

bucku

i hate to even ask this, but its part of the job on hand.
what is the maximum slope you can have in a parking deck when parking on the slope? (when the drive aisle and ramp and parking are all the same surface)
thanks

Oct 5, 06 12:23 pm
Janosh

Typically 5%, but that would depend on your code.

Oct 5, 06 12:28 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

2-3% is ideal, 5% max.

Oct 5, 06 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
work for idle hands

we did a bldg in evanston, il that had a 5.5% slope. I'm not really sure there is a 'code' for this (that i've found) other than what applies to any drive ramp, but it is my understanding that at when you get much steeper than 5-6% doors are gonna be likely to start closing on people, so its kind of a design decision based on where it is located in terms of density and what kind of use(s) it's serving (that is, how much loading and unloading into cars can be expected)...and remember that there should be a flat area for accessible stalls.

Oct 5, 06 6:19 pm  · 
 · 
bucku

thanks for all the input

Oct 5, 06 6:35 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

probably should check zoning code. 5% is max. for mine.

Oct 5, 06 7:37 pm  · 
 · 
some person

Check Graphic Standards. It has a pretty good section on parking from a trusted source. work for idle hands is right; the gravity pull on open car doors is the driving factor for maximum ramp slopes.

Oct 5, 06 9:37 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: