Archinect
anchor

Does anyone else bring their dog to the office?

freq_arch

Now before you go off and suggest I'm a big dink for unilaterally subjecting staff to my pet - I have a staff of (sometimes) one, and rarely do the dog and employee meet... even though they said it was fine if they do (I can't tell if the dog minds).
Just curious who among you brings the pet along.

Sep 25, 06 2:42 pm
freq_arch

...and, no, I don't ask anyone but myself to take him out when it's necessary.

Sep 25, 06 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

used to have a coworker who would bring his dog in occassionally..
never really a problem cause the dog was old and lazy..so it'd just
sleep.

i did have another coworker here in nyc who would bring her bulldog
into our small offices..and that was a problem. the dog was totally
undisciplined and was like a bull in a china shop..or bull dog in an
architecture office. ripping things apart and getting into everything.

i'm guessing that as long as your dog is behaved and your office-
mates aren't allergic that it shouldn't be a problem..as long as
they're also not scared of dogs.

Sep 25, 06 2:49 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

We have the occasional cat or two poke in, and one of them is great, the other is annoying. I love pets but can't have them myself due to lifestyle so to me they can make a very relaxing addition to an office. I would love a well-behaved dog who slept at my feet under the desk--as long as he didn't a) pee on me or b) smell.

Sep 25, 06 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
cf

Once, she thought she was at the vet.

Sep 25, 06 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

my (former) boss brought her dogs in one day. in the midst of her being tied up with a phone call, one of the pooches couldn't hold himself any longer and took a dump on the door mat. at least he had good aim.

it's nice with dogs around.

Sep 25, 06 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
e

i bring my dog to the office every day.

Sep 25, 06 2:57 pm  · 
 · 
lschack

We commonly have at least one dog in the office on any given day.
mountain town = dog town

Dogs with bad behavior are not invited back - don't get me started on the lack of control some people have over their pets. some of our clients and consultants love that they get to bring their dogs over too.

Sep 25, 06 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

Our Boys are here 24/7. They are Wired Haired Pointing Griffons, and so they do have attitude once and a while. Like they let you know when it is time to go relieve themselves or if there is a cat in the backyard. When there is a little barking in the background and I'm on the phone. I do have a difficult time keeping that secretary quiet.

Sep 25, 06 5:05 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

We have Sacha, Cecil, and Khyber not ususally here at the same time but often, same idea mountain town = dog town, very true.

Sep 25, 06 7:21 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

we have a dog or two everyonce in a while. (edge of mountain town)

Sep 25, 06 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

yes, nearly everyone in my office who has a dog, brings one. mountain town = dog town.

Sep 25, 06 7:46 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

what's the html code to add to the image link to get the right sized crop?

i'd love to share a pic of my girl abbey who's not allowed in my office because the principal has cats...

Sep 25, 06 8:24 pm  · 
 · 
some person

Maybe I'm in the minority here...

I'm NOT a dog person, and I get irritated when people bring their dogs to human events (such as work, school, etc.). It especially bothers me when people ASSUME that they can let their dog wander around and that EVERYONE will enjoy its presence.

Leave your slobber machine at home, please.

Sep 25, 06 8:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: