Archinect
anchor

double hung wood windows

35mm

anyone have luck specifying a wood double hung window with hardware that lowers the top sash simultaneously as you raise the bottom sash?

seems like old windows were built that way because they relied on natural ventilation...and things are now coming full circle.

besides a few custom jobs i've seen, i'm curious if any high-end manufacturers were offering this option again?

thanks.

Sep 23, 06 3:57 pm

pffft...double hung wood.

sorry, nothing to offer.

Sep 23, 06 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
outed

hmmm.... haven't seen that option in a new window ever - most likely because they have some kind of a tilt-in mechanism for cleaning.

you could try loewen or maybe even duratherm to see if they can make something custom for you...

Sep 23, 06 8:42 pm  · 
 · 
dml955i

yeah, can't really help you out either. My last office did some high-end, "ye olde" style log cabins using Duratherm windows. There's also another competitor out there - Zeluck windows (I think). Try Quantum windows, but that may be a shot in the dark...

Sep 23, 06 9:19 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

Call Bob Vila

Sep 25, 06 4:41 pm  · 
 · 
Spyder

Try:
Tischler und Sohn
Fenestra America - Part of Zeluck
Rilley Design

Hope there isn't a budget....

Sep 25, 06 6:09 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: