Archinect
anchor

Lighting Design Materials Sources

b3tadine[sutures]

I want to start designing my own lighting fixtures and wanted to know if anyone could direct me towards sources for this endeavor. I used to go into the Ingo Maurer shop in SOHO and used to know someone that worked there and was always fascinated by the beauty of the fixtures. What I am looking for in particular is the lighting, types of hardware for fabrication and tools for fabrication. I have tried - except calling Maurer's store - to find the hardware, but I keep running into dead ends. I thought perhaps there might be some industrial or lighting designers online that could possibly direct me towards some hidden wonderland...

Thanks.

Sep 21, 06 6:52 pm
abracadabra

probably you know this already but it should be here regardless.grainger

Sep 21, 06 7:00 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

thanks abra. if you have ever seen Ingo's pieces they have these simple components, but they are so small; like very thin wires - not sure if it's piano wire - rubber grommets, clips, etc...i even tried model supplies, i am just not sure what kind of specialty place carries these items...

Sep 21, 06 7:09 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra
back link

and, for your question;
for example?

Sep 21, 06 7:25 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra
these guys have nice parts too
Sep 21, 06 7:33 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: