Archinect
anchor

why not give information about a firm in an ad?

Klaymen

hm, so ive been looking at job postings alot these days. and ive noticed that most job postings dont give a name to contact or a phone number or a name of the office. i dont why. just curious what would a reasoning behind this be? i would think it is slightly unprofeshionall...

Sep 11, 06 9:12 pm
binary

probably a recruiter/head hunter....... i hate those idiots.... they'll try to stick you for a low hourly rate than what you wanted and keep the difference......

Sep 11, 06 10:49 pm  · 
 · 
Klaymen

yeah! never thought of that! dam them!

by the way your website is kick ass! great portfolio designs. what material is the buss shelter model made of? styrene?

Sep 11, 06 11:06 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

the legal term is "Intentional interfearence with contractural negotiations". Essentially a firm won't give out a comment about you (be it good OR bad) because if it somehow keeps you from getting the new job, you can sue them. So often firms will just ask you how many years exp. you have and sometimes where from.

It's a new trend, it didn't use to be like this.

Sep 11, 06 11:59 pm  · 
 · 
binary

thanks.. the bus-shelter design is a 1"=1' scale model of laser cut acrylic and styrene.......

my current port. case is the wood/aluminum one that slides out...... i'm gonna build a new one when i get a chance though...have to upgrade a bit......maybe i'll cast one out of an epoxy or something

b

Sep 12, 06 2:17 am  · 
 · 
el jeffe

here's important info that should be disclosed during the interview:

"Good Morning Everyone,

This is a courtesy email to inform everyone of an otherwise awkward
topic, the restrooms. I just wanted to reiterate to everyone the importance of working and otherwise living with our building members...our family away from our families. There have been a few
situations where the restrooms have been left in otherwise unpleasant
conditions. I would like to remind everyone that not only does nearly
everyone in the building use them, but our clients do as well, and with
that, please remember to clean ALL areas after your use before leaving the area. It is understandable that not all bodily systems are the same and some foods, medications, etc. affect people differently therefore, by 'areas' this includes the floors, commodes, sinks, showers, etc. I am sure we all appreciate the janitorial staff for there excellent efforts regarding the restrooms, and we should all be able to keep the restrooms in the same condition as the janitors leave them as a courtesy to the next person that requires restroom use.

Thank you for your time and understanding,"

this came from the building owner this morning....

Sep 12, 06 10:28 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: