Archinect
anchor

He Has 5 Interviews [and you could be one]

b3tadine[sutures]

So my friend has scheduled 5 interviews this week in the fair Twin Cities, what do you want to hear from him that'll make you want to hire him?

Why is it so hard to land a position with a residential firm, even when they are hiring?

What are the neighborhoods to live in?

Aug 28, 06 10:24 pm
some person

beta - You've mentioned your friend in a number of threads....why doesn't he have his own Archinect account?

Or is your "friend" really "you"? :)

Aug 28, 06 11:05 pm  · 
 · 
sparch

lol good point

Aug 29, 06 12:02 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

hmmm.....

Aug 29, 06 12:46 am  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

yea who is this 'friend'

Aug 29, 06 1:32 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

Ahem...Is she just a " friend " ?

Aug 29, 06 2:49 am  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

or he

Aug 29, 06 3:18 am  · 
 · 
A

5 interviews is nothing to complain about, residential firms or not. My guess is the residentail firms are tougher to get into just because they are much smaller operations and live off much lighter work loads. Harder to absorb a new body when you don't have big corporate clients that keep the $$$ rolling in.

There are plenty of good neighborhoods to live in both Mpls & St. Paul. Can you be more specific about what your friend is looking for in an area to live?

Aug 29, 06 8:26 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

Beta- I got SEVEN interviews! Hah! and none are with 'residential' firms.
Oh, I've had 2 phone interviews so far...

And this from sending out only 18 resumes.

Are you still hiding the identity of your friend from the current work situation or are you just enjoying the masquarade?

Minneapple or BUST!!!!!

Aug 29, 06 11:32 am  · 
 · 
A

Congrats on 7 interviews! Makes me feel good to know that there is a healthy demand for people in the area.

Aug 29, 06 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

5 interviews down and two offers coming next week for sure and possibly a third offer. the one i want may have to wait a couple of weeks. so the question is how long can you put off offers that are spread apart? any suggestions?

oh and A, just a decent area that has either a connection to light rail, a close proximity to the rail or bus stop will do. rent for two bedroom under 900...

congrats treekilla!

drop me an email treekilla.

Sep 1, 06 11:03 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

well tomorrow is the day i drop the nuke. not looking forward to it at all, it seems that telling family what your plans are is easier than telling your employer...

Sep 24, 06 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

HAVE YOU HEARD OF CURT CLAY?

Sep 25, 06 4:34 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: