Archinect
anchor

corrugated concrete wall detail

chut

does anyone know how to do those corrugated concrete wall treatments that carlos ferrater does?

i'm guessing they're precast panels, but they look so seamless.

i'd like to do it as a wall treatment. any help would be appreciated.

Aug 25, 06 5:01 am
modularnyc

you can probably use forms that mold the concrete into that shape. Thats what they probably are, if they are seamless

Aug 25, 06 8:16 am  · 
 · 
art tech geek

I don't know what CF is using but you might want to check out scottsystems.com - a colorado manufacturer of form liners - prevalent in the pour in place industry.

or with some imagination - try using some eps and cnc routing it to your design idea - glue it to the inside of your plywood form & carefully pour away. more detail requires using pea gravel instead of regular aggregate & you have to be careful where the snap ties are.

Aug 26, 06 7:06 pm  · 
 · 
chut

hey thanks for recommending scottsystem.com. i think their formliners are exactly what i need. i think the release agent will also be key to getting it just right.

Aug 27, 06 7:41 am  · 
 · 
jh

i would suggest using cheng's concrete mix and mix it yourself. you are taking a risk if you get it from a truck. you don't know how long the concrete has been in the truck, how much water, etc. wax your molds (consider the polycarbonate corrugated since it will produce a smoother cast) and vibrate the shit out of it. depending on how big it is it might be easier to precast the wall and set it i place. don't plan on getting it right the first time, but sometimes the mistakes turn out better than what you had planned on.

Aug 27, 06 1:22 pm  · 
 · 
JG

why when I go to Scottsystems.com it has nothing to do with formliners? They sell software.

On this job I am working on we used 1.5" metal deck and broke it at the insde corner so you don't see the seam and then nailed iit to the inside face of our forms. It worked great.

Aug 28, 06 11:04 am  · 
 · 
chut

that's coz it scottsystem.com without the plural for system. the fluted formliners are what i was looking for.

Aug 28, 06 1:40 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: