Archinect
anchor

5-Starchitects You'd Off First - And How You'd Do It

b3tadine[sutures]

Topic is self explanatory, i'll start.

Thom Mayne - put a revolver on the table - one bullet - have Kenneth Frampton sit across the table peppering him with questions, until the shear torture makes him decide to shoot himself.

Zaha - one years supply of Krispy Kremes - 4 boxes a day, a dozen a box

Rem - fill his wardrobe with nothing but K-mart clothing

Eisenman - make him wear polka dot clothing for the rest of his short week and tell him that Libeskind did it

Graves - target drops his line of crap and hires the twins from Design Star to do a new line

Bonus:

Gehry - tell him the government of Antarctica wants a new Guggenheim, but he must maintain residency in their royal palace for the next six years.

i know, so original....

Aug 14, 06 6:47 pm
crillywazzy

ando... buy up all the rockite in town the night before his project is due; he takes care of the rest?

Aug 14, 06 7:50 pm  · 
 · 
Becker

hahaha, loving Zaha's.

Libeskind - a lifetime supply of pork branded as beef.

Aug 14, 06 7:52 pm  · 
 · 
upside

wolf priz - make him put out his cigar and wait for the aneurism

murcutt - losen the screws on some of his roof sheeting and watch the beautiful, crisp edge decapitate him

R. mier - remember the scene from the start of 'the cube'? where the guy gets diced into little cubes by the wires comming outa the wall? well, just like that.

live by the grid, die by the grid.

Aug 15, 06 5:00 am  · 
 · 
6nuew

Eisenman + Calatrava - barenuckled duel to the death, mortal kombat style.

Aug 15, 06 6:53 am  · 
 · 
snooker

Brad Pit.....let his women at him!

Aug 15, 06 7:18 am  · 
 · 
James Mayers

Norman foster ... Switch all his shades of gray on the specs for some town hall or other major build somewhere to some nice shades of pink...then leave a shotgun in an appropriate place for when he sees the result.
*boom* brains everywhere, last bit of grey you'll be seeing in his version of post high-tech modernism....
muahahaha

Come to think of it, this isn't the greatest material for a first post. Oh well, heyho...

Aug 15, 06 8:31 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Just Sent FedEx

ZAHA HADID ARCHITECTS
STUDIO 9,
10 BOWLING GREEN LANE,
LONDON EC1R OBQ

TEL 020 7253 5147
FAX 020 7251 8322

Aug 15, 06 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

JM- welcome :-)

Kipnis (just a wanna be theorist)- lock him in an all-you-can-eat-buffet till he explodes.

Winka- pour a bucket of water on her and wait for either her to melt (like in Oz) or her leather pants to shrink so much that her legs go gangrenous.

Eisenmann would be a good candidate for chinese water torture- drip, drip, drip.....

Aug 15, 06 1:57 pm  · 
 · 
j-turn

rem: lock him in an airtight room until he suffocates on his own hot air.

Aug 15, 06 2:34 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

you mean i only get five???

Aug 15, 06 2:42 pm  · 
 · 
aml

nah, i'd say:

zaha, don't let her eat the donuts, and
winka, make her eat the donuts.

winka would be stressed out of her mind thinking about all the fat she's injesting, and zaha would loose it because her body depends on the sugar and fat.

give eisenman's bow tie to koolhaas, force him to wear it. 2 birds one stone. eisenman is bow tie deprived and koolhaas can't look at himself in the mirror [besides the hot air can't flow all that well with the neck constrictions, eisenman has evolved around it]

Aug 15, 06 3:23 pm  · 
 · 
ichweiB

Frampton: stereotomically assassinated with a tectonic peice of material then buried below the roofwork in the earthwork? I tried

Aug 15, 06 6:26 pm  · 
 · 
BOTS

IM Pei – fuelling the conspiracy theories surrounding his work, he is killed in a mafia hit while excavating under the inverted pyramid at the Louvre, some think it is the work notorious pulp fiction boss DB.

]http://i.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/020913/152558__sopranos_l.jpg[/img][/url]

Aug 15, 06 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

bill massie...i'd shoot him in the face

Aug 15, 06 7:32 pm  · 
 · 
LostInSpace

Eisenman - carefully remove his bow-tie, tenderly, whisper sweet nothings in his ear about those nasty Krier boys, undo the top button of his shirt, let him breathe a little, get comfortable, and start chanting softly, "palimpsest, palimpsest...." and then...I'd punch him in the throat until his larynx exploded.

Whoops, gotta get to therapy. Later.

Aug 15, 06 8:47 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

I got a good therapist lined up for ya LostInSpace...2PM tomorrow. Take the day off:)

Aug 15, 06 11:06 pm  · 
 · 
LostInSpace

Thanks Katze - NYC's full of 'em. No worries finding plenty of competent professional help to smooth out all those ugly psychic wrinkles - I feel better already.

Aug 15, 06 11:09 pm  · 
 · 
cf

I was thinking about playing this game, but decided I do not like the rules. So, I am off this thread. <Grand bow, 3 times, stage left, stop bow again, catch a rose in mid air, kiss it, bow again, stage left>

Aug 16, 06 6:39 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

le bossman, that's mean, and too realistic, unless you are friends with Bill and he knows you're joking. Can we please stick to the "death by doughnut" type scenarios here?

Hand me any five starchitects, I'll just smother them with love.

(and that definitely includes Brad Pitt)

Aug 16, 06 7:19 am  · 
 · 

make each of the starchitects that have done buildings in the midwest - hadid, chipperfield, graves, berke, stern, eisenman, gehry, etc - tour the facility each designed with a group from an eastern kentucky aarp bus tour.

Aug 16, 06 7:52 am  · 
 · 
BLK

Calatrava and gehry - make them work only with rulers. draw nothing but strait lines.

Koolhaas - make him design a house shaped like a flower.

H & deM - make them use eastern european non qualified workers for doing the fancy details.

Aug 16, 06 7:55 am  · 
 · 
LostInSpace

"...smother them with love..." LB will you be my Mom? Alright Eisenman, you're off the hook this time pal, a little pat on the head and your off.

Aug 16, 06 9:43 am  · 
 · 
ET

Zaha- no black in the wardrobe !

Aug 16, 06 10:08 am  · 
 · 
le bossman

oh...my apologies. i thought the realism would be entertaining given the absurdity of the context. these opinions don't represent the views of archinect or its constituents.

Aug 16, 06 10:17 am  · 
 · 
mespellrong

you could probably off the whole profession by instituting a statutory regulation stating that no architect could ever wear black again...

Aug 28, 06 12:41 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: