Archinect
anchor

best free webhost?

6nuew

..so i've bought this domain, but need someplace to host my portfolio, among other things. ive got my starting page on googlepages, and portfolio on flickr right now.. but i want more freedom! whattodo?

Aug 1, 06 1:59 am
SuperBeatledud

I use Vision Head for my portfolio hosting. Their affordable and competitive with their pricing, as well as personal, friendly, and they always have their server up and it's always very speedy. Most of all their legite!! You can get a plan for as low as $10/month (which is a good price). That's what I have, and it's more than enough space. However, if you want to double your space, you can pay only $15/month.

Also, you can go to Adobe's and get a free 30 day trial of Macromedia Dreamweaver to help build your site (Flash is also available if you know the programming).

Good luck, let me know if you have any questions.

Aug 1, 06 8:48 am  · 
 · 
4arch

1and1.com gives you this for $2.24 a month:
* 1 domain name
* 5 GB web space
* 500 e-mail accounts
* 250 GB traffic

Aug 1, 06 9:57 am  · 
 · 
Katze
CrystalTech

or Blue Host offer competitive pricing.

Haven't heard of 1and1.com - looks like a great deal as well.

Aug 1, 06 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
BLK

what about realy free ones?

Aug 1, 06 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
khmay

i just bought a new domain and a year of hosting from mochahost for about 40$ (for 5 gigs/email setup/the basics. i think it's worth it..

50webs looks good, nice portfolio jason- pretty good for tcaup UG, free hosting is hard to find without spam but i guess i over looked that one (however the 300k thing is kinda ridiculous if you want to do any detail)

Aug 13, 06 7:02 pm  · 
 · 
Medit

has anyone tried freewebtown? .. it says 2gB of storage space and 2gB bandwith for free, no file size limit and no ads.. not bad!

btw, I found it via this site: Free-webhosts

Aug 14, 06 5:47 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: