Archinect
anchor

Design Star

b3tadine[sutures]

I am watching this show right now to see who I can root to be the first one to die in a plane crash, come watch it with me!

Already I can see a few we can put on a plane. Hell, there are like f6 people that have their first names start with a T, perhaps they should go on the first one way flight to Hades.

Jul 23, 06 9:04 pm
liberty bell

beta, you deserve a break after all those tests you've been taking, so I guess that explains it...

Anyway, a quick glimpse of the website made me wary of watching this show. But in case I needed convincing, I had to read the profile for Donna. (I read her because we share the same name.) Jeepers! "Accessorize, accessorize, accessorize!" And she's from Texas..well, you know the phrase "The bigger the hair, the higher the heels, the closer to God."? Yep, she lives it.

Enjoy beta, and let us know who drives you the most crazy!

Jul 23, 06 9:25 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

strangely enough the only ones that seem to offend me the least are the two guys that did the outdoor space and one is architecture grad student. the others, especially the design enthusiasist, make me want to wretch.

this show if it were on another network would have crashed and burned 30 seconds in, on HGTV it has a 2 season span. that is unless the apocalypse comes to save us!

Jul 23, 06 10:11 pm  · 
 · 
orEqual

I will one day return to Dallas to open a sort of lifestyle consultancy aimed at the wealthy wife-types. Well, not a consultancy as much as a billboard shame campaign featuring the tanned and leathery bosoms of these freakish preservites.

Have you ever eaten lunch across from a chest like that? Hey, I was never much of a breast man before, but it's like staring at two augmented mounds of mortality inside of a cracked leather ottoman. I'm done. I'm free.

Also: dogs on anti-depressants. I'm sorry, I will never accept this.

Jul 24, 06 11:22 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell
Also: dogs on anti-depressants. I'm sorry, I will never accept this.

This belongs in the archinect random forum quotes hall of fame.

Jul 24, 06 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
tempdrive

When I visited Harvard's open house back in 2004 I saw those two brothers who were in their last year there....seeing them on the show now isn't at all suprising.

I wonder if the GSD condones this sort of behavior....

Jul 24, 06 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

holy SHIT! i went to high school with the twins!!!

Jul 24, 06 7:04 pm  · 
 · 
AP

oh my. I must admit, with some hesitation, that the twins attended my undergrad alma-mater...

Jul 24, 06 8:45 pm  · 
 · 
AP

oh my. I must admit, with some hesitation, that the twins attended my undergrad alma-mater...

Jul 24, 06 8:45 pm  · 
 · 
AP

double declaration!

anyway...

i hadn't heard of this show before this thread... madness.

Jul 24, 06 8:46 pm  · 
 · 

yep... the twins were one year behind me at UF... they were always incredibly loud and obnoxious... and acted like they were god's gift to architecture... strangely enough it seems as though a few years at harvard has calmed them down a bit... i like how they are really from gainesville but they list brooklyn as their "home town"...

Jul 27, 06 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
the silent observer

Wasn't there some thread about architecture reality tv? I guess we're getting closer....

Jul 27, 06 6:45 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

in HS, sometimes people wouldn't be able to distinguish one from another so we'd use the fused name "terman". one played bassoon in my orchestra, the other french horn if i recall my awkward period correctly.

they made this line of bracelets that they dubbed "fruit salad". fruity indeed!

Jul 27, 06 8:59 pm  · 
 · 
kissy_face

harvard calmed them down? they must have been really out there back in UF. whats with the GSD tv star trend? first extreme engineering and now this?

Jul 27, 06 9:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: