Archinect
anchor

World Cup Predictor Game

urbanisto

WE(GERMANY) WILL BEAT ITALY.
REVENGE for Frings, so that he can play in the final.

AND:
the face of German football:

vs.
the face of Italian football:

Jul 4, 06 8:06 am  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

Wow ... Alessandro Del Piero shook out the cobwebs and scored a goal.

Jul 4, 06 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
AP

madness! both of those goals were beautiful.

119 minutes of futbol without a goal, 2-0 final!
grosso!
piero vecchio!

great game...

maybe next time for the young germans...

Jul 4, 06 5:33 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Okay Germans. Back to work.

Jul 4, 06 5:34 pm  · 
 · 

*bump

thats right. italia. those guys can score one, out of blue (literally as well) and while the other team is wondering whappin there, they sneak in two more to make sure the rest is easy.

bad news for germany. frings was the backbone in my opinion.
panzers still have the firepower to beat italy. but again, italians being ever so opportunistic and quick scoring, and germany being careless in their speed and leaving holes in defence to be exploited, pendulum will indeed swing both ways.

Jul 4, 06 6:02 pm  · 
 · 
Amandine

wow, I'm exhausted from watching that game...

Jul 4, 06 6:03 pm  · 
 · 
Amandine

100th comment!

Jul 4, 06 6:04 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

this world cup is a stinker now that the USA is out of it...thank goodness for baseball.

Jul 4, 06 6:16 pm  · 
 · 
mauOne™

LOL <<< puddles !

Jul 4, 06 7:44 pm  · 
 · 
meta

i can't believe the world cup is ending so soon.

Jul 5, 06 1:05 am  · 
 · 
doberman

Fuck, Italy looked strong last night. it's definitely theirs for the taking. amazing football, absolute perfection.

Jul 5, 06 6:23 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

scares me actually .... since "we" are out .. I want Portugal to win ... :)
but knowing my luck .. they'd probably lose. Figo + Ronaldo are doubtfull

doberman ... I actually thought that the Italian's defence was too good !! ... but their mid field ( except pirlo) was a lil weak in delivery .. the crosses were found wanting ...

Overall .. i still feel that France has the edge ... ZZ is a big factor ( honestly .. the way he played against Brazil the other day.... Mindblowing !!!)

Jul 5, 06 9:27 am  · 
 · 
AP

ha! absolute perfection? not so sure about that....in the first half, Germany had the only real scoring opportunity...anyway, great game to watch, amazing finish.

it is theirs for the taking, though...as abra said, "those guys can score one, out of blue ..."

Cannavaro is the man of the match, in my opinion. he had a great game...

I'm gonna take a late and long lunch to go watch Portugal vs. France...

...see if ZZ can show that punk Figo his ninja skills.
Ninjas don't headbut, that's the stuff of barbarians.

Jul 5, 06 9:29 am  · 
 · 

for me, the best attribute team italia has and has had throughout the cup is that any one of the azzurri can score at any time.

Jul 5, 06 10:20 am  · 
 · 
jlxarchitect

Italy is so talent, look at their stikes on the last two minutes. Germay tema don't have creativity. I am grateful they lost to a better team.

Jul 5, 06 11:01 am  · 
 · 
RINagy

Come on guys, Germany wasn't that bad. I just think Klose had an off-day. If Italy wasn't able to score that last minute goal, it would have gone to PKs and Germany would have won (you can bet the bank on that).

Now, the real question is when will they fire Klinsmann and when will the US hire him?!?!?

Jul 5, 06 11:08 am  · 
 · 

can you? buffon is the best goalie in the game

Jul 5, 06 11:50 am  · 
 · 
doberman

it's a fact that just like england, Italy NEVER wins on penalties, buffon or no buffon... Germany, on the other hand, will always win if the game is decided on PK's. however there is no need to re-write history as Italy were the better side and deserved to win.

Jul 5, 06 12:25 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

buffon...the greatest keeper in the game...based on what?
he has possibly the best defense in front of him...but if
it had gone to pks i don't think buffon would have outdone
lehman. lehman takes up far more of the net and guessed
right on basically every pk vs. argentina.

Jul 5, 06 12:48 pm  · 
 · 

fact? I have to say if baggio was still playing that would be a fact, but now there is no more curse of the pope on baggio the buddist heretic. ;)

I have to agree about the defense of italia, but I still think that bufon is better than lehman...but maybe a question like this will be settled in the final... til then.

Jul 5, 06 12:56 pm  · 
 · 

french may have very well reached to their peak performance and emotionally drained to repeat the glorious play in front of portugal. that is the main advantage of their southern neighbors. figo against zizu, teammates from real madrid. they both might be shut today.
i watched ribery last year when he played for galatasaray for several mounths and altough fans loved him, the manegement tried to stiff him and he returned to france with some fifa court case still following him. he is the one to watch. just the right player to tore portugal to the pieces, more dangerous than top gun henry.
all in all, if france can deliver one for the dreamers, there is no team can really stop the rain.

portugal side;
ronaldo is the new ronaldo. deco is back. sabrossa should be in and if maniche on target, it could be easily italy vs. portugal for the gold cup.
wait there is more to portugal, the scolari factor...

Jul 5, 06 12:58 pm  · 
 · 

I'll take france.

Jul 5, 06 1:00 pm  · 
 · 

its zidane's last hoorah that's enough motivation for a fairtale finish

Jul 5, 06 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
AP

buffon is def among the best, lehman's pretty freakin' good too, though...let's not forget about the amazing ricardo of Portugal. He blocked a bunch of English PK's without the benefit of a cheat-sheet (lehman)...

Italy has a great defense...and as the saying goes, defense wins championships...although I would like to see ZZ and co. beat Portugal, I think Portugal has a better chance of beating the Italian defense...Henry hasn't been impressive (other than one kick against Brasil)...

Jul 5, 06 1:02 pm  · 
 · 

by the way, history repeats itself backwards. anyone remember the 1990 world cup. Orhan I know you do. It was in Italy, remember? Germany won against argentina (1-0) after italy was dispatched by the argentinians during a pentaly melee the game before. well perhaps, italy will take one in germany for the third place finish in Italy in 1990.

Jul 5, 06 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
Jul 5, 06 1:09 pm  · 
 · 
AP

I always side with ninjas. ribery is a ninja in training. fast. unexpected.

Jul 5, 06 1:10 pm  · 
 · 

plus he is the ugliest dude on the field. did you see his incredible renommierschmiss on his right cheek?

Jul 5, 06 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
bntz

I HEARD THAT HE HAD A CAR ACCIDENT AND SMASHED HIS FACE ON THE WINDSHIELD WHEN HE WAS VERY YOUNG

Jul 5, 06 1:57 pm  · 
 · 

i vougely remember goycochea saving some penalties and marodonna finishing off.
italy team had young baggio and maldini, schilacci. i also remember baggio missing the critical penalty somewhere, italy losing another cup.
ribery says, he gets a lot of help from his faith islam. so does zz.
i'd like to see italy taking the gold medal. they also beat my favorite team germany. but its a different ball game now.

YEAH the CUP belongs to MEDITERRANNIAN SEA>>>>!!!
FORZA ITALIA...!

(above is the inevitable lets get to it, this is down to this statement/wish from yours truly, how low a soccer fan can go)

Jul 5, 06 2:08 pm  · 
 · 
AP

baggio hit the crossbar in the 94 final, right? or was that '90?

Jul 5, 06 2:24 pm  · 
 · 
RINagy

94 I think. Brazil won in pks that year...

Wanna bet Italy loses in the final off pks?

Jul 5, 06 2:49 pm  · 
 · 

the whole world cried for his sorrow for. that was 94' here in usa. against brazil.
penalty kicks... it used to be heads and tails.

i am watching the teams in the tunnel. ribery is totally pyched out. he looks like his mind out there. almost all the players know each other and very casually talking among themselves. not ribery though. he just shakes hands and turns his head agaist the wall.
pre game ceromony 06' is so beautiful. i love the little kids on the side. anti racist theme. this is good for the world...

Jul 5, 06 2:56 pm  · 
 · 

18 mins.

portugal has more electricity so far. french team still looks like they are warming up while portugal's manache has already sent in one contender missile. him and lil ronaldo are seamless today. danger brothers...
they let french keep the ball too long in front of their goal.
there another check from figo. mins 15...
whoever wins this one
, it will be a well earned game.
yes the french looks a little tired from brazil victory. if only mentally.

Jul 5, 06 3:19 pm  · 
 · 

28 mins.

portugal is playing well planned technically superior game. but they can be easly scored against if they don't go agaist the french attacks. definetly por has more confident in their offence than their defence.
figo is a genie. and underrated slightly.

penalty.. france..
for same reason i 've been mentioning. letting french have the ball too long ...

Jul 5, 06 3:32 pm  · 
 · 

zz. cream puff.. 1-0 france.

Jul 5, 06 3:33 pm  · 
 · 

45 mins.

france is quietly controlling the game.
funny, refree whistled faul against zidane while he bypassed the same faul against rbery a minute age.
portugal needs the reinforce its wing attacks. where is sabrossa? other wise ronaldo is gonna get tired pretty soon or be injured trying to do every attack himself...
semi exciting game.
1 st half.

Jul 5, 06 3:46 pm  · 
 · 

it was in both 90 and 94 that baggiohit the cross bar and in 1998 vs france before the final!

Jul 5, 06 4:02 pm  · 
 · 

i have been watching the games from a 13" color sharp with an external antenna on channel 34. mexican channel. great commercials.

back to the game.
the wind still can blow in two directions. por will have to score 1 early on within first 15 mins.
wow. can you imagine coming from underground and you are in front of 80,000 people.? these guys are closest to gladiators. forget any other sport...

Jul 5, 06 4:04 pm  · 
 · 

65 mins.

ribby rib rib... he is back to earth. excellent turn and shot. it is french now with the spark.

4 mins later pauletta says 'i am here' turn and shoot por.there is a lot of turn and shoots this year. funny to see certain moves become trendy every four years. this year it is also common to criss cross over the ball without touching it. an old brazilian move now is practiced by all the players from every where. also there is this passing the ball behind you with a heel touch, a little overdone by por offence.

good example of a spastic game so far.
a couple injuries from each side. feels quiet before the storm.

Jul 5, 06 4:23 pm  · 
 · 

68mins.

enter sabrossa, por.

Jul 5, 06 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

so i was up at my bro's place for the 4th. and i was playin some soccer with my great nephews from arizona. age 12,10 and 9. well i tell u i cannot run around trying to get the ball away from them without instinctually puttin an elbow in their ribs. it was fun. but our two hand touch football game was better as the two brothers in the group got into the inevitable fight. quite fun.

Jul 5, 06 4:30 pm  · 
 · 

72 mins.

second half needs to be ignited in mins. 73.
ribery is out. a good decision he wasn't real big today. he seemed pressured by high expectations. even by me...

plus france need him for italy game. if...mins 75.

78 min.
real beautiful free kick by ronaldo. real close. but barthez is on the right spot to save.
the game is picking up speed as the minutes dwindle away for portugal. 79 mins.

Jul 5, 06 4:37 pm  · 
 · 

85 mins.

another free kick. por is working hard now. they just realize the game is only 90 minutes.

Jul 5, 06 4:43 pm  · 
 · 

like our chick hearn use to say in basketball;

"This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jello's jigglin'!"

Jul 5, 06 4:47 pm  · 
 · 

zidane's tribute tour keeps on trucking

Jul 5, 06 4:53 pm  · 
 · 

that was my curse. but truly por spens perhaps their last chance wide. oh wait one more . again and again did you see por golie coming all the way to corner kick. never seen that.

bravo france.

italy vs france
what a game that promises to be...

Jul 5, 06 4:53 pm  · 
 · 

now time to go collect my money!

Jul 5, 06 4:54 pm  · 
 · 

i love the way zz put figo's uniform on. what a class act zizu is...

Jul 5, 06 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
AP

yes, a classy champion, ZZ...

Jul 5, 06 5:01 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: