ALEMANIA!

Jun 30, 06 1:52 pm  · 
 · 

gutes Glück Deutschland,

Deutschland Meister-Weltschale '06!

Jun 30, 06 2:12 pm  · 
 · 
grid

germany is going nuts (where i am currently located). nonstop burnouts, yelling, honking, fireworks! crazy!

Jun 30, 06 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
marcus

DON'T CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA...

I love to sing this again!!!
But, serious, it would be more interesting a final game Brasil X Argentina, we could beat them with no mercy.
Ok, they go back to home early one more time.
VAI BRASIL, RUMO AO HEXA!!! ******

Jun 30, 06 10:38 pm  · 
 · 
mauOne™

the most interesting team is out, nothing more to see in this BUSSINESS they call world cup

Jun 30, 06 10:42 pm  · 
 · 
Amandine

i wanted argentina to play france in the final... oh well... :(
nothing more to see.
move along.

Jul 1, 06 9:03 am  · 
 · 
Amandine

It’s just before the France-Brazil game. Ronaldinho arrives in the locker rm and finds his team in the worst mood. “what’s going on?” he asks.
“We’re just not motivated for this game, the French suck, we just don’t care to play them.”
Ronaldinho proposes: “ok, I can beat them by myself, go have a caipirinha or two, no worries.”
Ronaldinho is off to meet Zizou’s team while the Brazilians head off for the pub.

After the first caipirinha round, they wonder about the game and ask the bar tender to turn on the tube. Big scream of joy when it reads:
Brazil 1 – France 0 (Ronaldinho, 10’)

He’s beating the Gauls all by himself!

A few rounds later, they have forgotten about the game, until someone suggests “it should be over by now, let’s see how Roni’s doing.” And they turn the TV back on.

Final result: Brazil 1 – France 1 (Ronaldinho, 10’ – Henry, 89’)

They can’t believe it, Roni managed to tie them all by himself, so much talent!
They go back to the stadium to congratulate him, but find him in the locker room, not showered, holding his head between his hands. He doesn’t even get up when the team walks in.
“I’ve let you guys down, I’ve totally let you guys down.”
“What the hell, you did great, you tied them on your own, and they only scored at the last minute!”
“no, no, I totally let you guys down… I was red carded at the twelfth minute.”

Jul 1, 06 9:21 am  · 
 · 
Amandine

hé dober, french, j'rigole, hein, c'est l'émotion pour ce soir...

Jul 1, 06 9:25 am  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

I have a predilection for supporting squads from Spanish-speaking countries ... but yesterday, after Germany equalized, I really wanted Argentina to lose. They outplayed Germany until around the 60th or 70th minute, sure ... but these guys beat Mexico ... then, after all the PK's, I was thrilled that Germany won.

By the way, what was the post-game scuffle between GER and ARG about? Did anyone see that?

Jul 1, 06 10:13 am  · 
 · 
Auguste Perret

I heard about it, but didn't see it. I guess an Argentine sub was trash talking to a Germany sub and before you know it, red cards were being handed out. The teams downplayed it but FIFA was pissed and is going to hand out additional fines.

Jul 1, 06 11:58 am  · 
 · 

no free webcast on espn today.

for those w/o tvs, download TVUplayer (google it)

nice stream

Jul 1, 06 12:10 pm  · 
 · 

rooney..big whiffer...and a red card...poor kid

Jul 1, 06 12:24 pm  · 
 · 
AP

biiiiiiig whiffer for sure....

as for the card, i'm not sure that was legit...England seems to be holding on nevertheless...6 minutes into OT...

Jul 1, 06 1:01 pm  · 
 · 

my webcast reception is blurry, but i can still spot crouch a mile away by his super long appendages

Jul 1, 06 1:07 pm  · 
 · 

...and i never new "let freedom ring" was such a deliberate rip off of "god save the queen"

Jul 1, 06 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
AP

PK's! GOD SAVE THE QUEEN['S TEAM]!

Jul 1, 06 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

Geez ... two PK victories in two days ... not for the faint of heart!!!!

Jul 1, 06 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
AP

um....Ricardo save the pk's...

Jul 1, 06 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
AP

ya, somethin else this tournament...

on to FRA v. BRA... 1 hour...

Jul 1, 06 1:50 pm  · 
 · 

PORTUGAL PORTUGAL!!!
Nice to see the better team win...

Portugal vs. Germany FINAL?

Jul 1, 06 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
AP

yes yes...they are the better team. England has not been impressive for a minute of the cup...

Germany vs. the winner of this afternoon's game, probably Brasil...

...i'm rootin for ZZ, though...

Jul 1, 06 1:59 pm  · 
 · 

that was a heartbreaker. better team...I wonder. I don't think portugal can do it versus brazil or france....

Jul 1, 06 2:00 pm  · 
 · 

and don't write off Italia just yet...

Jul 1, 06 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

Saturday 2:33 EST: Go Brazil! zoom, zoom, zoom!

Jul 1, 06 2:33 pm  · 
 · 

thats right. italia. those guys can score one, out of blue (literally as well) and while the other team is wondering whappin there, they sneak in two more to make sure the rest is easy.
g' bye gb. what a way to go for a quality team. Eriksson should have crouch and rooney together. instead england look so conservative. portugal is a great team playing team.

Jul 1, 06 2:50 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

get it Zidanne!

France is really playing well.

Jul 1, 06 4:22 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

And Frnace wins!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 1, 06 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

France, doh!

Jul 1, 06 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Les Bleus!

Jul 1, 06 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
Auguste Perret

I've lost faith in all mankind.

Damn, France played very well.

Jul 1, 06 4:58 pm  · 
 · 

Wow France vs. Portugal, really didnt see that coming...

What do you guys think of Brazil, they never really looked like a team, or is it just me? In Univision they were saying that the players from Brazil were seeing partying till 6AM and doing other things that seemed arrogant. True or not?

Intrigues...

I still would like to see a Portugal and Germany Final, but France looks good.... No matter what it should be exciting.

· 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

WOW!!! Two surprises for the day! France and Portugal. And this means an all-European semifinal and final.

· 
AP

all euro indeed! France played great, awesome to see ZZ do so well.

Germany vs. France final - my final prediction (in the spirit the thread title.)

Jul 1, 06 5:03 pm  · 
 · 
AP
Jul 1, 06 5:06 pm  · 
 · 
BLK

well who would thouth...

I bet germany beats france 1-0

Jul 1, 06 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

Go Portugal! Saddened by the loss of Brazil Today a nation weeps!

Jul 1, 06 5:15 pm  · 
 · 

for some reason, since the holland game, i can't bring myself to route for portugal. never liked brazil much, but it is always sad to see players not get the chance to shine in the world cup (ronaldhino).

go azzuri!

Jul 1, 06 5:20 pm  · 
 · 
marcus

sadness guys...
Now we have only Scollari's Portugal!
Go Portugas!!! Go!!!

Jul 1, 06 7:11 pm  · 
 · 

good for france. the way brazil came on to world cup as if they were the de facto champions already. if it wasn't france it was going to be somebody else sending them to airport. even they beat ghana 3 to 0, ghana played more exciting soccer than they did.
france deserved it more.
go zz, ninja.
more games france plays more quality they show. i couldn't say the same for brazil. they got from avarege to pile of stars who were too tired to do anything. barthez did'nt have to do anything the whole game.
it is all european business now. european and world cup. all in one. teehee.
i learn to say this;
don't judge a team from their group stage performance.

Jul 1, 06 7:33 pm  · 
 · 

to be knocked out in quarter finals for brazil, must feel like not qualify for the world cup at all. semis without brazil, not something the world is used to. most talked about brazilian team in recent history left the tournament the ealiest.

wc 2002 was much more interesting. 2 underlings, turkey and so. korea going all the way to semi finals. this year is more like european elite platinum card holders with spain, holland and england out.
england could have everything in this match up if they weren't beaten to their own emotional 'footstepping' (roonie).

also, refrees in yellow card training clearly put their stamp on this world cup.
it is little unproductive to apply certain rules for the first time during the world cup. last time it was a different lighter ball design, this time the referees in carding exercise.

all in all, today was the day two 'assumed' underdogs shined on the pitch. congratulations to france and portugal teams.

note;
two teams i would have like to see advance to quarter finals would be australia and ghana. australia for heart and ghana for talent.

Jul 1, 06 9:02 pm  · 
 · 
kissy_face

Portugal yeah! But it was sad to see Posh Spice crying in the stands...

Jul 1, 06 11:18 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Can someone please tell me why this Crouch guy on England is playing football /soccer and not in the American NBA? He's like 8 feet tall and every time he gets the ball, all I see is flailing limbs.

Kidding, he's good of course, but it is pretty crazy that he's a least a foot taller than the rest of the team.

Jul 2, 06 9:44 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

I predict France:Germany 1:0 finals

Jul 3, 06 3:27 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

enough .. enough ... i can't take it anymore !!! ... damn the Brazil team ..

now i gotta wait another 4 years for Brazil to earn the 6th star

for the final .... forget what my head sez ... my heart goes for Scolari's Portugal !!

Jul 3, 06 3:39 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

WonderK ..

I gotta agree with you .. Crouch ( what an apt name!!) couldn't control the ball at all during the portugal game ...

and Rooney ...?? .. what a shame !!.. I still think he's over-rated!!

Jul 3, 06 3:41 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

in other news ... beckham steps down as captain ...

posh is no longer the first lady !!

Jul 3, 06 3:42 am  · 
 · 
sharpie.

whenever crouch had 3-4 defenders surrounding him, he started dribbling towards his own goal haha... quite funny to watch him play. otherwise i think, lennon and hargreaves played really well.

Jul 3, 06 4:01 am  · 
 · 

bad news for [http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=ap-wcup-fifa-discipline&prov=ap&type=lgns]germany[/url]. frings was the backbone in my opinion.
panzers still have the firepower to beat italy. but again, italians being ever so opportunistic and quick scoring, and germany being careless in their speed and leaving holes in defence to be exploited, pendulum will indeed swing both ways.
given all the home team advantage germany will try with their teeth to go to finals and if so frings will be back for the final show, on probation...

on a related news, greece was suspended from fifa for government interference on their hellenic football federation. they are the defending european champions you know...

Jul 3, 06 2:20 pm  · 
 · 

bad news for germany.

Jul 3, 06 2:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: