Archinect
anchor

3D Visualizations

sswanson

Greetings,

I'm a 3D illustrator for a playground company. We use 3D Max to create renderings of our playgrounds. You can see some of the playground stuff at my personal website www.swansonillustration.com

Since we're all set up for it we're looking to get into doing architectural renders. We have the necessary software and hardware. We can burn DVD's and have a large format glossy printer for presentations. I'm a decent artist and I know my way around 3D Max, the only problem is I don't know much about architecture. My knowledge ends at making things look pretty.

How would we approach an architectural firm to offer our visualization services?

What would I be expected to know?

What resources would be given to us for the project? 2D or 3D CAD files? Blueprints?

What should we charge?

I really don't want to take any type of classes as we would only be looking for a project or two as fill-in during our slow season.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

May 25, 06 12:36 pm
trace™

Contact a local firm, explain your situation, and see if they are interested. You will slowly need to build a portfolio of architecture renderings. I wouldn't count on getting work unless you have at least a handful of projects to show prospective clients.

Look on sites like CGArchitect and Evermotion.org to find free buildings, rooms, furniture, etc.

If you are already charging for 3D work, you should have an idea of what to charge. Do a few projects for your portfolio, keep track of hours, then multiply by your hourly rate.

May 25, 06 1:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: