Archinect
anchor

Hillier Architects

McGruff

Has anyone here worked for Hillier Architects (in any city) or know anyone who has? Any comments on their office, environment, etc? Thanks.

May 15, 06 12:16 pm
some person

A few thoughts:

I have been to a handful of meetings at Hillier's Philadelphia office. It's a great location downtown. The team that I collaborated with was mostly from the Princeton office, though. The Philadelphia office always had a serene feeling to it.

Bob is a good figurehead.

While the firm is often regarded for its document production abilities, there are also many talented and patient designers among the ranks.

At one point, I had the opportunity to talk to some of the firm's other clients (references), and they all had glowing things to say about the firm and its people.

McGruff: are you interviewing for employment at Hillier?

May 15, 06 7:40 pm  · 
 · 
mmehta

I have been to the office in Princeton and I felt that the work environment was better than most large offices - physically and socially. Are you looking for employment there? Although I am personally apprehensive about big offices, the Hillier office, though very large, seemed to be divided into smaller studios, which was nice.

May 15, 06 8:14 pm  · 
 · 
McGruff

Thanks a lot for the info - I am looking at possible employment there (dc office), but really didnt really know anything about them. Figured I'd ask around first - they sound great.

May 16, 06 2:10 pm  · 
 · 
some person

McGruff: What has attracted you most to Hillier's office? Do you already live in DC? There are many other corporate firms in town, too.

May 16, 06 7:33 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: