Archinect
anchor

Paid/Unpaid Internships in NYC

metope

Hello Fellow Archinectors,
I ended up in a strange predicament of being in New York for the summer in the middle of my graduate studies without any good job prospects. Do you guys have any recommendations regarding possible paid/unpaid employment in the architecture field in the city?
I am not quite desperate, but I would really appreciate having something productive to do with all this time on my hands that would help me out in the future (I'm a New Yorker, so spending the whole summer browsing through galleries/museums/bookstores/clubs/historical buildings/etc. has gotten old). I'm doing a couple of competitions, working on my portfolio and enjoying life in general, but I wouldn't mind working a bit in some neat office. Do you know of any such firms? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Jul 12, 04 3:09 pm
jmac

if you don't mind doing unpaid work, you could check out one of many small offices that tend to be more experimental like freecell, narchitects, open office, or even SHoP, lot-ek, leeser, or rur. there are probably many more...

Jul 12, 04 3:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: