Archinect
anchor

New Archinect Salary Poll

Urbanist

hehe. how about firms (like mine) that value engineered out beer Friday? sti a lot better than VEing out the architects, of course.

May 27, 10 1:49 am  · 
 · 
DisplacedArchitect

i still remember when a vp sent out an email go come down to the cafeteria and enjoy some mineral spirits. I was like spirits? what did he say. i'm going to go find out.

May 27, 10 1:53 am  · 
 · 
DisplacedArchitect

actually he announced it on the speaker system that's why i didn't catch everything he said.

May 27, 10 1:56 am  · 
 · 
Urbanist

a cafetaria? just how big of a firm do you work for? I thought I was at a massive company...

May 27, 10 2:07 am  · 
 · 
DisplacedArchitect

they had what amounts to a full size kitchen, it was two levels of office space, and lots of sitting area also used for meeting and stuff.

May 27, 10 2:26 am  · 
 · 
prairie school drop out

it would be pretty easy to set up a google form for this and post a link for people to click on and fill out. maybe i'll work on that since i don't have a whole lot going on at work today. if i (or someone else) did do this, there must be some easy way to share the data with anyone who wants too see. though i'm not sure how to do that?

May 27, 10 12:07 pm  · 
 · 
mjrist

This poll requires the mandatory question: 'number of years working in practice?'. Many have added this information as 'exp' in the comments as advised, however many have not; without this, it is impossible to compare the data.

M J Rist

Oct 8, 10 1:38 pm  · 
 · 
bregnier

For those interested...

I've collected the data in the form as of 2/7/11 and put it into a .csv file available at

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al3TBSU6eD_AdDJfS2czX0t6STZxRzYxWnlEb3FCcHc&hl=en

I'm doing a data visualization project where we had to use screen scraping to collect and this was the first source I could think of. There is also a cleaned up set of simplified data (and scatterplot) of just the US entries at

http://www-958.ibm.com/software/data/cognos/manyeyes/visualizations/architect-salaries-by-age

FWIW, the data that exists is _very_ messy, particularly the location and the salary entries. It wouldn't be that hard to change the form to make the data cleaner (force a numeric answer on salary, fields for city, state, country, currency). Would make it a lot easier to graph!

Feb 7, 11 10:50 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: