Archinect
anchor

Prestigious NYC Firms in Residential Design

standaman

Can somebody point me to the most prestigious and well-known NYC-based firms that specialize mostly in residential architecture. I'd prefer smaller firms over corporate firms.

Key Words: "prestigious" and "smaller"

Apr 28, 06 2:36 am

prestigious is a tricky word, but resolution 4:architecture is a good firm (and with a good pedigree, if that's what you mean by prestigious).

tanney came through the offices of gwathmey and eisenman. don't know luntz's background but it's on their site.

resolution 4, before doing the dwell house and becoming known for that, had most of their work in the renovation of high end jewel box ny lofts. they even did eisenman's own.

if you're looking for a job, they keep a pretty tight/small and constant team. i don't think they go through hiring cycles like some larger firms.

Apr 28, 06 7:01 am  · 
 · 
standaman

I guess I said "prestigious" and not "popular" because I wanted to know the firms that are regarded highly for their design by other professionals in the field, rather than those that are simply popular to the general public.

Thanks for the suggestion steven and metamechanic.

Any more?

Apr 28, 06 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

My firm does solid work as well...

SPG

Apr 28, 06 5:33 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

heh... I actually interviewed at DeVido's office in spring of 2004... What a small world. I was impressed by their projects and Alfredo himself seemed like a nice guy with a passion for architecture, but alas, I didn't get the job.

Apr 28, 06 8:20 pm  · 
 · 
standaman

JohnProlly, why are you showing me these renderings when the website has so many beautiful photos of built work? Very solid stuff for sure.

Apr 29, 06 4:23 am  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

Because our website is flash - thus no hyperlinking. All these images i've got on my blog, so I can hyperlink to them...

And yes, our work is pretty solid. We're hiring for summer interns if anyone wants to jump on board!

Apr 29, 06 2:25 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: