Archinect
anchor

accepted to grad schools yet? (fall 2007)

tagalong

early-bird catches the worm...lets get it going people!

Apr 14, 06 12:54 am
manamana

die.

Apr 14, 06 1:30 am  · 
 · 
GtHtAu.

...ridiculous...too obsessive even for this crowd

Apr 14, 06 10:40 am  · 
 · 
broccolijet

damn...someone beat me to it.

Apr 14, 06 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
brujitadulce

breathlessly awaiting news from schools one hasn't even applied to yet...

promising posts full of puncutation - "?????" and "!!!!!!!"

i didn't even mean to use alliteration - look at all those "p"s -- makes me sing CSN&Y in my head.

Apr 14, 06 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

I think this thread pulled a groin.

Apr 14, 06 12:32 pm  · 
 · 
AP

do the responsible / considerate thing, tagalong:
delete this thread. no one likes premature ejaculation.

Apr 14, 06 1:39 pm  · 
 · 

hey tagalog, you been accepted anywhere yet?

Feb 14, 07 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
sparch

this thread will be closed till end of march

Feb 14, 07 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
robust84

or until anyone gets accepted or rejected...which i guess happens before that for some places!

Feb 14, 07 5:11 pm  · 
 · 
boooyaka

still time to apply to THE ARCHITECTURAL ASSOCIATION!!!!!!!!

Feb 14, 07 5:18 pm  · 
 · 
OutsideDream86

Ok I posted on the other 'accepted' thread, but alas young girls and boys, it is time for this thread to be revived. That's right, I got in to UH's MArchI program!

Now be good children and go refresh your email every 20 seconds in desperate anticipation while popping Xanax like candy to calm your nerves.

Feb 20, 07 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

Houston or Hawaii?

Just teasing...congratulations!

Feb 20, 07 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
nambypambics

They're sure letting you know early!! Is it rolling admissions?

Feb 20, 07 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
nambypambics

Oh yes, and

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Feb 20, 07 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

congrats!...if UH is letting you know this early it means they really want you.

Feb 20, 07 7:12 pm  · 
 · 

damn, nobody wants me that badly...

Feb 20, 07 7:20 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

I don't know if all schools do that...but I know for a fact that UH sends out letters to those they immediately know they would like to have. Then they send out letters again after more rounds of deliberation.

Feb 20, 07 7:26 pm  · 
 · 
OutsideDream86

Wow, they really wanted me? That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy :) Well now I'm curious to know why--I just thought I was average. At any rate, thank you for all the congratulations. I'm crossing my fingers for everyone else applying to schools!

Feb 20, 07 11:13 pm  · 
 · 
sparch

i just received acceptance letter from UWM (Univ of Wisconsin at Milwaukee)

I am still waiting to hear from UIUC (IL at urbana champaign) and UIC (IL at chicago)

Feb 24, 07 1:26 pm  · 
 · 
jwillefo

Got a call from RISD yesterday. I have been accepted to the MLA I program there. Very excited. Probably my top choice.

Feb 24, 07 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
va bene

Congrats jwillefo- I remember that call from last year! Where else did you apply?

Feb 24, 07 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
jwillefo

va bene- i applied to LSU, UVA, GSD and Penn. i will probably make my final decision after hearing from all the schools and visiting the open houses -if i get into anywhere else-, but my gut feeling is RISD's program and people interested me the most after visiting there a few months ago. va bene, where did you end up going?

Feb 24, 07 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
va bene

I was definitely impressed with RISD's program, very theoretical. I ended up at Cornell taking the more hands on approach (my undergrad was a very theoretical program, figured I'd go for something different). Good luck with the rest of the decision making process!

Feb 24, 07 11:27 pm  · 
 · 
tzenyujuei

you find Cornell not as theoretical? I suppose I dont know much about the MLA program but I must beg to differ with the M.Arch

Feb 25, 07 12:06 am  · 
 · 
nambypambics

This thread is making me so nervous!

Actually, no it isn't. I'd be nervous anyway.

Feb 25, 07 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
va bene

tzenyuguei- as the MLA program is based in the AG. school we have much more real world scenarios; we do a lot more getting dirty than doing the theoretical stuff that I did in an art based undergrad program. I definitely agree that the M.Arch program is very theoretical at Cornell, but there is a huge difference in the departments. We should get our classes together sometime, could make for some very interesting discussions (assuming you're an M.Arch at Cornell that is).

Feb 25, 07 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
tzenyujuei

ah... your missing out. I am working with Lacy from your school in the Urban Africa Studio... you should be here with us doing work in the slums of Nairobi

Feb 25, 07 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
va bene

Sounds like fun- alas they keep us first year grads busy memorizing plants and learning silly things like viz and a-cad. I know one of the profs who teaches in both departments (Lenny) would like to get the programs together for some sort of joint studio.

Feb 25, 07 4:11 pm  · 
 · 
+i

anyone hear from UVA yet?

Feb 26, 07 2:38 pm  · 
 · 
secondhush

I recently was accepted to Auburn's Design Build Masters Program. Still waiting on 4 other schools.

Feb 26, 07 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
baboomba

No UVa yet. I'm expecting it any day now, based on last year's notification timing.

Feb 26, 07 5:21 pm  · 
 · 
therpeuticlotion

you guys should turn this whole m.arch application process into a science.

Feb 26, 07 5:59 pm  · 
 · 
Chase Dammtor

this is the thread we've got to keep on top... for the joys and sorrows of the next five weeks...

Feb 27, 07 12:10 am  · 
 · 
geimanj

Woo hoo! Just got an acceptance email from OSU Knowlton!

Feb 27, 07 9:12 am  · 
 · 
+i

i cant wait to get home and check my mailbox...

Feb 27, 07 4:22 pm  · 
 · 
mctwist657

Nice Job with OSU...i am still waiting to hear from them, making me nervous that i didnt hear today.

Feb 27, 07 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

I don;t want to go anymore. Anyone else feel this way? Maybe it is self-doubt disguised as denial.

Feb 27, 07 8:39 pm  · 
 · 
natnatG

i want to be a fisherman

Feb 28, 07 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
+i

im going to open a flower shop.

Feb 28, 07 1:54 pm  · 
 · 
everywhere

Got into NJIT MArch a few days back.
Anybody have info/opinions on the graduate program there? Still waiting on my other 6 schools (shotgun approach) before I decide anything.

Mar 1, 07 1:36 am  · 
 · 
everywhere

Got into NJIT MArch a few days back.
Anybody have info/opinions on the graduate program there? Still waiting on my other 6 schools (shotgun approach) before I decide anything.

Mar 1, 07 1:36 am  · 
 · 
OutsideDream86

Six schools is shotgun? I must be using the nuclear warhead approach.

About 3 weeks ago NJIT sent me an email saying they were strongly interested in me, but wanted me to send them some supplemental drawings. Sent them earlier this week. I wonder how long it'll take them to decide? Anyway, from what I can tell, the program seems to be more focused on computers/technology than other schools. Do a search for 'NJIT' on here; a lot of people have written about their opinions and experiences with the school.

Out of curiosity, did they send you an email, letter, or give you a call? Did you get a financial aid package too?

Mar 1, 07 6:09 am  · 
 · 
everywhere

Got an email. I'm living overseas, so it might be they tried me at my parents house, but they haven't said anything. The email said I'd be getting a packet in the mail, but my parents say there's been nothing yet.
I haven't heard anything about financial aid. I'm hoping they'll talk about it in the snail mail materials.

How many and which schools did you apply to?

I've read the comments about NJIT here, wondering if anybody else had any thoughts on it. I like the computers/technology bent of the school, it's something that made me want to apply there.

Mar 1, 07 7:37 am  · 
 · 
cjacobs

Received acceptance letter from U of Kansas...very excited about Studio 804, also offered TA position + stipend. I also got the acceptance email from OSU Knowlton, GO BUCKS!! And I also have received an email about TA positions at UIUC (IL at Urbana Champaign), so I’m assuming I was accepted there as well. Couple more to hear back from, but now comes the hard part...where in the hell do I go????

geimanj - are you going to the open house March 8th at OSU?

Mar 1, 07 5:37 pm  · 
 · 
OutsideDream86

I made my usual daily rounds to all the grad school application status pages, and here's what it says for NJIT:

Degree: Master of Architecture
Major: Architecture
Application Status: Accepted

Does that mean I got in? What does it say for you guys? I'm trying to squelch my excitement because I'm afraid I might be misinterpreting things. Quick, someone look and tell me! I can't take this agony.

Mar 2, 07 2:38 am  · 
 · 
everywhere

That's what it says for me and I got an email that says I'm in.... so I'd be optimistic if I were you. Congrats.
What do you know about the program? Any info you've gathered I'd love to hear.

Mar 2, 07 9:00 am  · 
 · 
theTracer

Does anyone know if Yale will post results on their website, if so what is the url, I am using the sniper approach to get into grad school, hoping I am as well networked as I think I am.

Mar 2, 07 9:15 am  · 
 · 
tzenyujuei

congrats cjacobs... how many more are you waiting to hear from?

Mar 2, 07 10:16 am  · 
 · 
28goingon48

I sent an email to NJIT regarding setting up an interview and in return I got this:
Congratulations on your admission to the M.Arch Program at the New Jersey School of Architecture, NJIT. If you have not already received formal notification from the NJIT Office of Graduate Admissions, it should arrive within the next week or so.

So i'm assuming i dont have to go through an interview
but a lot of people i work w/ went to NJIT for M.arch...including my bosses, so ive heard nothing but good things..i think its highly underated..i went there about two months ago, the facilities are great, mostly brand new technologies...not to fond of being forced to buy a new $2k computer though

Mar 2, 07 10:54 am  · 
 · 
cjacobs

tzenyujuei,
Waiting to hear from U of Texas, Austin and Iowa State...interested in being involved in their solar decathlon teams. I'm leaning towards KU and Studio 804(www.studio804.com)...do a little more hands on before I sit at a desk for the rest of my life(god I hope not). Tell me more about this Urban Africa Studio? What school is this program offered through?

Mar 2, 07 12:25 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: