Archinect
anchor

calling all Ricers...

Hi, I just got accepted to and plan on attending Rice this Fall, but I currently live in China and will not be re-entering the States' atmosphere until August. So I was wondering if any Ricers past, present, and future could offer any info or advice on Houston and/or the school. I also will be looking for a place to live next Fall preferably walkably close to campus, so if any are attending or will be and are also looking for a roomate that would rock.

Apr 13, 06 2:17 pm
mdler

I drive a Honda Civic

Apr 13, 06 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
MArch n' unemployed

" drive a Honda Civic"

that's phenomenal

Apr 13, 06 2:47 pm  · 
 · 
maya mcdifference

whoa. i drive a honda civic too. craziness.

Apr 13, 06 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

pimmmmmp my riiiiide

Apr 13, 06 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
wood_

i use to have a manual civic; third gear kept crunching so I sold it.

Apr 13, 06 3:04 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

i got myself one of these rice burners

its a '92, but can burn all that freeway concrete real fast!

Apr 13, 06 3:28 pm  · 
 · 
maya mcdifference

wouldn't drive anything but a manual...

Apr 13, 06 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
AP

sellegr, homey, sorry the thread isn't workin' out so far....keep tryin, and search the threads for general info on Rice...)

Aaron

Apr 13, 06 4:21 pm  · 
 · 
AP

oh, and you can change the name of your thread in the control panel, to get rid of the term Ricer, which seems to have attracted all these rice burner pics.

Apr 13, 06 4:22 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

I knew this dude in undergrad. He could bench like 325 but drove this little, stock looking Civic, but the guts were all jacked. It looked really funny to see this huge dude get in this tiny white car, then turn it on and the engine just roared.

Apr 13, 06 4:32 pm  · 
 · 
chas

I was having a bad day until I read this thead. Thanks for the laugh sellegr, even if it was inadvertent.

Apr 13, 06 4:34 pm  · 
 · 
deluganmeisslfan

I would suggest starting this thread over without using the word Ricer if you want to get a serious response.

Apr 14, 06 1:03 am  · 
 · 

Hahahah...right... soo everyone who got a kick out of this first failed attempt, I am glad to be of service... I clearly need to quickly reaclimate myself with American culture and cars. Fixed thread has been posted... can I shut this onedown or something? Hopefully it dies a quick death. Peace.

Apr 14, 06 1:42 am  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

sellegr, i like your honesty and openness! Welcome to Archinect....now gotto look for some ricers...i meant rice-ites...

Apr 14, 06 2:34 am  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

This is my car (has some more riced out stuff on it now but I stopped once I realized it was stupid and my car was too old)

Apr 14, 06 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

wtf? why are my images I'm posting not sticking?

Apr 14, 06 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/215820
Apr 14, 06 12:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: