Archinect
anchor

Portland Information

ampoule

I'm going to be relocating to Portland soon.
Anyone live there, know anyone working there, etc? Advice on where to look or not to look?

Also, as I've not looked for a job really in the last 5 years, is sending digital files or cd's w/ digital files normal - or should i send paper also?

Thanks for any advice...

Apr 13, 06 8:53 am
MightyMouse

NW area (pearl district all the way over to 28th street) . . . great place to be . . . good stuff to do . . . can't miss

Apr 13, 06 9:20 am  · 
 · 
A

There's a couple firms in Portland that do just about 100% commercial retail and are always hiring.

Apr 13, 06 10:03 am  · 
 · 
pencrush

older portland threads...

Going to Portland

Things to do/see in portland

PDX Interview question

Off to Portland...

pdx relocation tips/architectural scene

The last one has the most useful firm info, although it's a little old. Check other interview threads about what to send, but generally a printed small sampling of work and your resume with a follow up call will go over better than digital files and cds. I would say it's fairly unlikely anyone will look at your cd. The job market is still pretty hot here, you should not have a problem finding a job depending on your experience/skill level.

Apr 13, 06 10:53 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: