Archinect
anchor

12 step programs???

mdler

for my boss...he is a post-modernist

Apr 11, 06 5:52 pm
Josh Emig

For me, coming into arch from a lit-theory program heavy on social- and linguistic-constructionivist theories, post-structuralism, decon, etc., my first step was Stan Allen's Points+Lines, specifically the essay Infrastructural Urbanism. I'm not saying it's the greatest book on architecture, so would-be critics can back off now ... I'm just saying that it layed out an argument against the trappings of both modernism and post-modernism that made a lot of sense to me at the time.

Apr 11, 06 6:15 pm  · 
 · 

I don't know if you can be a recovered post modernist, but you can always be a BETTER post modernist. Try teaching him to have a sense of humor, and it'll all come out better. I know this sounds flippant, but I'm actually serious.

Apr 11, 06 6:44 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i'm a past modernist. i really wish that definitions found in literary criticism would quit be (mis)interupted by architects. put the delueze down and just develop your craft

Apr 11, 06 7:14 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

ie folding a building aint what deleuze was talkin about when he was talkin about the fold. okay...

Apr 11, 06 7:17 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: