Archinect
anchor

printing your portfoilo

leetecture

Where do you guys print  your portfolio?

I tried kinko but they are little pricy.

Apr 21, 11 1:49 pm
Le Courvoisier

I've used blurb with great results. 

Apr 21, 11 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
jdahl

Lulu is typically a really good bet to go with.  I've used them several times and they have always printed better than places like Kinkos or UPS Store.

Apr 21, 11 5:26 pm  · 
 · 
leetecture

thank you guys

Apr 21, 11 9:45 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

Depends on the format, but I've had good luck with local repro places...usually comes out to  around $1.75-2 per page for full color letter size, bound with a vellum cover.

I also found i don't have to compress things as much as the online places.

Apr 21, 11 9:58 pm  · 
 · 
qdpv

you should try printing and binding it yourself, that way you'll be able to monitor the quality and save money in the end.  

i got a single 140 page color portfolio printed, cut down, and bound last year at a local print shop.  final cost?  $240.  outrageous, i know.  so i went and bought an epson workforce 1100, a second set of inks, a ream of 80lb paper, and book binding glue; i also found some spare wood and bolts so i could build a book binding jig.  a weekend later i had five additional portfolios that looked better than the professionally done one.  final cost for those? ~$200.

go online and look up tutorials on how to perfect bind books.  if you need to cut down your letter-sized paper to a smaller size bring it to kinkos and they'll cut it down for $1.50 a side.  good luck.

Apr 22, 11 3:19 am  · 
 · 
comehome

I got mine printed at the college place, just on 11x17 sheet, folded in half, staple in the middle, the cover is a more substantial kind of paper. It was extremely cheap, about $1 a page and it worked out very well for me.

Apr 22, 11 11:06 am  · 
 · 
trace™

Epson Photo 1900.  Almost impossible to get that kind of quality without spending some big bucks.

Apr 22, 11 12:33 pm  · 
 · 

i 2nd what joshuamings said - i was very happy with my folio printed through blurb. i had alot of positive comments from ppl asking where i got it printed.

Apr 22, 11 3:21 pm  · 
 · 
med.

I printed mine out at work (a few firms ago) and billed it to the client as payback for being treated like shit.

Apr 22, 11 3:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: