Archinect
anchor

Parsons or SCI-Arc

somearchitect

Hey fellow archinecters,

I am facing a choice between SCI-Arc and Parsons.

Parsons gave me AP to the 2nd year (M. Arch I) and a decent enough scholarship. SCI-Arc gave me neither... just a place in the incoming class. Fair 'nuff.

I can't imagine parting from my dearly beloved New York, especially since I just returned from a 2 year stint overseas. And, everyone teaching at Parsons are the people for whom I want to work. But, SCI-Arc is so sexy, fun and cheap.

Are others facing similar choices? I change my mind twice daily. I know SCI-Arc will blow my mind and be a real plus in my design career. But the thought of the extra year and moving to LA... Is it really worth it?

Thanks for any advice!

Apr 6, 06 2:39 pm
MMatt

At Sci-Arc you don't need AP to the second year of MArch I. If your undergrad was in architecture (which I'm just assuming it was if you got AP from Parsons), you'll be in the MArchII (2GX) program. And with the thesis session now in the summer, you're not looking at a full extra year over shorter programs.

The weather out here is pretty nice.

.mm

Apr 6, 06 3:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: