Archinect
anchor

Architectural Wonder

SuperHeavy

and a close-up

I would comment but what really is there to say that hasn't already been said.

Apr 5, 06 12:35 am
WonderK

Oh stop. You're flattering me.

....gosh that's really funny though. Luckily I, too, am conveniently located throughout the Tri-State area.

Take luck!

-(Architectural) WonderK

Apr 5, 06 12:58 am  · 
 · 
Janosh

I love it!

Apr 5, 06 1:23 am  · 
 · 

i think my heart stopped. that is so very offensive.

the question i have: do you think drees works with architects at all?

Apr 5, 06 7:31 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

I hate to say this, Steven, but I know a girl who went to UK for architecture who was working at Drees the last time I checked. She was my age. I felt pretty good about myself when I found this out.

Apr 5, 06 8:44 am  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

I love the delicate use of materials juxtaposed by the hierarchy of gables. this house really speaks of upper echelon design. I am surprised that the taj mahal isn't torn down and replaced by this wonder of creative and theoretically pure design of the single family home. there is an idea of the perfect space to live and procreate and this dwelling is it. well done drees, well done, you win this round
(insert sarcasm here)

Apr 5, 06 9:00 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Yep, the only architectural wonder I know of in Cincy is the lovely Ms. WonderK.

I'll tell you what's more offensive, though in a different vein: The fact that I've now heard THREE times some guy on NPR singing a version of "If I Had a Hammer" mis-appropriated to be a song of praise for Tom DeLay.

Makes me retch, figuratively, and start screaming at my radio cursing NPR, literally.

Apr 5, 06 1:47 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

you sayin' my firm's project in cincy wasn't wonder(ful) LB? the gauntlet has been thrown!!! i want your mea culpa!!

(eh... i didn't work on it so it's ok.)

Apr 5, 06 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
SuperHeavy

what was the project?

Apr 5, 06 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Sorry, ACfA, I've only seen WonderK and SuperHeavy and the inside of Donna's Diner (bar) in Cincy (actually Covington), so in my own experience they are the best architecture-related things in Cincy.

But I think vado and I might be planning a trip to see the Zaha thing soon, so tell us your project and we'll see if we can fit it in. vado, you game?

Apr 5, 06 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

don't wanna give the whole game away but it was part of the whole univ. of cincinatti makeover deal. one of those buildings. i'm sure if you piece together the patchwork of scattered personal information over all my posts you can figure it out. *wink wink nudge nudge*

Apr 5, 06 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
brujitadulce

liberty bell - perhaps NPR is referencing the lyrcial change to the song that was sung at a Delay rally/fundraiser...i recall hearing audio from it...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-corn/delays-conservatives-go-_b_843.html

Apr 5, 06 3:17 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Crap, ACfA, now I want to know where you work. Will this have to involve a MySpace search?

On a side note, I think the new rec center at UC is pretty wonder-ful. I am an authority, you know.

Apr 5, 06 3:46 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

start looking up the firms who did projects w/ the whole mainstreet thing at UC.

i'm sure you can figure it out. :)

Apr 5, 06 5:20 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

Cincinnati does have some good Indian food

Apr 5, 06 7:45 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

if i had a hammer id build me a taj mahal and it would cover the entire tri state area!!! tom delay is not invited!!!although wonder k and all things wonderful are!!!

Apr 5, 06 10:42 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

is wonder-naan the indian equivalent of wonder-bread?

Apr 6, 06 12:57 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Thanks alot guys now I want some Sweet Golden Heaven, AKA chicken korma. Wonder-naan, I like that.....

Apr 6, 06 1:04 am  · 
 · 
mdler

Sweet Golden Shower

Apr 6, 06 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

taj mahal to golden shower...makes perfect sense

Apr 6, 06 2:20 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

i wonder if BMWJJJJ is behind this one??

Apr 6, 06 4:34 pm  · 
 · 

the title of this thread could have been Architectural Wonder Bread.

Apr 7, 06 7:36 am  · 
 · 

no, i take it back. there's a little too much sara lee in that house. the equivalent of fancy food fresh from the freezer.

Apr 7, 06 7:38 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

or an architectural wonder bra!!!

Apr 7, 06 6:21 pm  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

I am going to need the coefficient of friction of that top to accurately design a proper structurally sound wonder bra for the type of loads objects of that size would necessitate. I am going to have to make a sheer diagram for this.

Apr 7, 06 6:39 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

well get out your slide rule hun!!!

Apr 7, 06 9:03 pm  · 
 · 
velo

"architectural wonder"... i think i just threw up in my mouth a little.

*~ugh*

it's a wonder alright...

Apr 7, 06 11:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: