Archinect
anchor

It Is More Interesting Under Construction

MysteryMan

Whether it is Architekture, or Just Plain Construction, It might ultimately be just one more Waffle House, or Corporate O(ri)ffice Bldg, but maybe it is the coolest thing when it's under construction.

Some of you understand what I mean: Projects are more compelling while they are being built. Show us what you've experienced. Or better yet, designed &/or built.

Apr 4, 06 3:34 pm
freq_arch

Yup - I always enjoy the choreographed anarchy of a building underway, especially when I'm responsible for the design.
Something else I notice, too: No matter how well I know the design, there's always something I find to be a surprise when it's built. Usually a scale thing - oh! that's a lot bigger (smaller, higher?) than I thought it would be. Sometimes it's the whole thing, sometimes just a room or component.
Fun.

Apr 4, 06 4:21 pm  · 
 · 
whitllam

..exactly what I've always said. i worked for a year at a healthcare-focused firm and the large emergency room / heart clinic project I worked on finished up construction while I was there. It was so much more interesting with all of the medical gas lines and data wiring exposed before those ugly drop-in ceiling panels went in...ugh.

Apr 4, 06 7:26 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: