Archinect
anchor

working in a firm outside your country/city

.dwg

i'm wondering how firms handle applicants to their office who do not live in the same city as the position. if it's an intern position, is it rare that offices in the states accept or look at applicants who are interested but live outside the country? or do they do phone interviews? anyone experience this situation as an employer or employee?

Apr 2, 06 8:38 pm
valkimer

ya, i did my internship in n.y.c. usually they do the interview over the phone or in my case just used e-mail (i already had experience) although some places want you to to fly over for the interview, but generally if its an internship you won't need to fly over for the interview just a phone interview. Do your placement abroad, it helps if you want to relocate in the future becuase then employers know you have experience moving. also they're more likely to send you abraod if a project ends up abraod. most places like interns from other countries, just make sure they are fair and pay (try not to accept an unpaid position) and get you a visa. but usually it looks good on your resume if you worked abroad. definitely do it.

Apr 3, 06 6:12 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: