Archinect
anchor

AA Portfolio requirement for application to 1st year

soulikeit

I'm a ignorant high schooler, yes i admit that, and so i need advice on compiling a portfolio for application to first year at Architectural Association.

Mar 31, 06 7:37 am
ooid

Foundation and First Year
There is no single way of preparing a portfolio. Many applicants will have artwork from school, but the AA is interested in any kind of project that is self-motivated, and it is best not to bring a portfolio based solely on school artwork. It is important that any drawings should be from life or drawn on site – copies of photographs are not acceptable.

Those applicants who are making a career change should consider carefully what might constitute their portfolio. The sort of project that might be undertaken would be to take a room that you know well, and record it in a set of images that tell their own story. Alternatively, you might take an area where you live and map a journey that describes not only the physical surroundings, but also your own response to them.

from aa website

Mar 31, 06 8:22 am  · 
 · 
soulikeit

thanks junkieonur.

is there anyone out there that have their portfolio that they used to get into AA in pdf format?

seriously.........someone help me.

Mar 31, 06 8:42 am  · 
 · 
ooid

I'm preparing my portfolio for emtech master programme as well..
any other drl or emtech graduate portfolio examples would be fine :)

Mar 31, 06 8:58 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: