Archinect
anchor

SUNY Buffalo Undergrad

ky11

I will be attending Buffalo in the fall but I have a few questions.
1. Is Buffalo well known in the architecture world? Will I be able to get a decent job after I graduate?
2. Should I major in the 4 year BS in architecture and do 2 years for masters after I graduate or should I major in something else and do 3 years for masters?
3. Should I try transfering to another university next year?

Mar 30, 06 10:38 pm
S

if you're a new york state resident, you can't beat the tuition. my advice is to do the 4 year BS in architecture - really commit yourself to doing well, maintain a high GPA, document ALL of your work along the way for a portfolio. if you're still interested in becoming licensed you'll be in a good position to finish 2 more years at a "better" school, ie: ivy. you won't have huge amounts of debt which will give you a lot of flexibility. only transfer to another program if buffalo totally sucks. and have a good time.

Mar 31, 06 9:57 am  · 
 · 
ky11

bump

Apr 1, 06 10:46 pm  · 
 · 
ky11

bump

Apr 3, 06 11:00 pm  · 
 · 
seventieskid

Someone actually asked this question a few weeks ago- if you search the discussions, I think there were quite a few responses.

Apr 4, 06 2:58 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: