Archinect
anchor

SAVE CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF ARCHITECTURE

soulikeit

The British lost their empire, then their language, then their sense of touch, their rolls royce, now what? cambridge school of architecture??????

Mar 29, 06 11:57 pm
Guffman

Wait, didnt Foster write a fat cheque to say the school last year? What's happening now? Is this a post about the school's financial woes or is an emote post about a changing ideology/structure of the school?

Mar 30, 06 12:02 am  · 
 · 
soulikeit

about both? but I'm not aware of the foster thing though.

enlighten me

Mar 30, 06 12:04 am  · 
 · 
SpringFresh

why save it?

whats it good for?

sometimes thing have to die.

watching disney's old yeller might console you

Mar 30, 06 3:37 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

sad ....

Mar 30, 06 3:54 am  · 
 · 
Guffman

Soulikeit,

Vague memory on this: but something to the effect that the school was to lose it's funding, in part because a committee deemed that the program didnt meet Cantab standards for academic research. (The inanity of this assessment is grounds for a discussion of its own. How can one compare expectations for architecture and the natsci's? Architecture is an art and a craft as much as it is science in my opinion) Anyways, in response to that assessment the University stated that they were going to pull the plug on the department but i at the last second Foster stepped in with some helpful funding.

If you were to search last years issues of Varsity and TCS I bet you'd find the articles they ran on the issue.

What are the other issues w/ the school that your thinking of?

Mar 30, 06 9:05 pm  · 
 · 
soulikeit

the research aspect and the impression it gets from design firms and professionals. Cambridge better start pulling up their socks and start getting their act together by making an effort to keep their name in the business when GSD, Yale, Princeton are all being very competitive.

Mar 30, 06 10:19 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: