Archinect
anchor

SCI-Arc, yay or nay

studchitecture

No one mentions this as a criteria for architecture, but in terms of hot women, I visited sci-arc recently and there are not that many. UCLA seems to have a better crop.

Mar 31, 06 3:51 am  · 
 · 
Appleseed

Yeah, the metal structure = Rob Ley's kids. Big ups. But yes, UCLA > SCI_Arc, im terms of hot womens.

Mar 31, 06 4:29 am  · 
 · 
meta

gvg- Thanks a lot for your response. I just sent you a mail.

Mar 31, 06 10:51 am  · 
 · 
RAArch

seventieskid-

Out of curiosity, who have you had for studio in your 4 semesters? Any interesting visiting instructors?

Mar 31, 06 10:57 am  · 
 · 
boooyaka

I was just accepted to SCI-Arc today... SCI FI.... I also am in at Columbia. I really am torn. I went to a liberal arts undergrad program and I am really into conceptual architecture that is at least somewhat functions. I don't want to make sculptors, but I do want to foster my own unique voice.

Any thoughts. I lived in LA for awhile and liked it a lot... never been to NYC though...

Anyone out there from Columbia who can give me the jest of the school?

Mar 31, 06 3:52 pm  · 
 · 
tsquare

amanning,

isn't sci-fi non-professional program?
i wonder what it's like. anyone know about the program?

Apr 1, 06 9:27 pm  · 
 · 
seventieskid

Finals, finals, finals.....um RAArch- studio instructors.... well I'm finishing up my core studios, so far my class has gone through 3 instructors per semester (12 or so students per section), so we've gone through really young faculty like Florencia Pita (MOD), Roland Wahlroos-Ritter (WROAD), Joe Day (Deegan-day design), Jean Michel Crettaz and more SCI-arc classics like Peter Zellner (Zellnerplusassociates), Russel Thomsen (COA), Gary Paige, & Michael Rotondi (Roto Architects), etc. I'm looking forward to verticals - which are a free for all based on particular topics- always taught by different faculty (Coy Howard, Wes Jones.. um.. I think Moss taught one)- some visiting. The line up for all studios are never set in stone- the line ups change.

Apr 4, 06 2:39 am  · 
 · 
saltonsea

amanning--if i were you i would visit sciarc, if you haven't already done so, and talk to some of the students in the sci-fi program. its a very new program--it seemed like they were working out kinks with it this year. what you hear from students in the program may be quite different from what you have read about the program on-line, or from what the directors of the school might tell you about it. from what i understand, since it is a post professional degree program it is very different from the m. arch programs.

Apr 4, 06 4:24 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: