Archinect
anchor

number of acceptances

hi guys just wondering if anybody knew the acceptance rate was at columbia unversity for graduates, and undergraduates, thanks!

Mar 29, 06 1:50 am
maya mcdifference

i was wondering that too. it seems like a lot of people on here got into columbia. btw, are you talking about the architecture program? i didn't think they had an undergraduate arch program.

Mar 29, 06 1:54 am  · 
 · 
Cure

im doing a masters...the AAD! :) how about you?

Mar 29, 06 1:55 am  · 
 · 
maya mcdifference

right now i'm still deciding. there a lot of options out there. are you going to the open house on the 5th?

Mar 29, 06 2:02 am  · 
 · 
Cure

ya im going, thought it would be nice to see stuff. but i still haven't paid the $500 thing...so much just for that. where else have u been accepted to? and are u going on the 5th?

Mar 29, 06 2:09 am  · 
 · 
maya mcdifference

i can't go because i already had a trip planned to go see ucla and berkeley that same week. i really wanted to go to the columbia open house, but found out a little too late. i would appreciate any comments you have about the open house when you get back.

i'm really interested to see the work that the first years are currently producing.

Mar 29, 06 2:14 am  · 
 · 
Cure

so u did get accepted to the AAD program? i'll let u know about it when i get back, have fun w/ the cali schools though

Mar 29, 06 2:23 am  · 
 · 
cynic

i think someone posted a link on the "accepted to...." thread that showed the exact numbers.

but you'll see when you go to the open house: they accept alot! i think it's somewhere close to 75% of applicants. last year they had more AAD's than MArch's....if i'm not mistaken, i believe columbia has the largest number of architecture grads per year in the Ivies.

harvard usually gets the title of being an architecture factory, but i think that title should go to columbia hands down....

Mar 29, 06 9:15 am  · 
 · 
boooyaka

that doesn't sound good! I ws accepted to the AAD and will be at the open house.

Today I was also accepted to SCI-Arc and I am completely torn... any thoughts?

Mar 31, 06 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
Cure

u can go to the sci arc link...its a pretty recent post. lots say they are good, some say bad. but u can read that :) i always wanted to end up in NY teaching, studying, learning, working and living....so i was pretty much set before i started college :P

Mar 31, 06 5:47 pm  · 
 · 
Urbanist

Why don't you email Columbia if you really want to know. Tell them that it's one of things you're basing your decision on. My guess is they'll just tell you.

Mar 31, 06 6:15 pm  · 
 · 
Auguste Perret

Here are the statistics for 2003-2005; scroll down to Morningside Professional: http://www.columbia.edu/cu/opir/abstract/admissions_2005.html

Mar 31, 06 6:16 pm  · 
 · 
Cure

thanks auguste, that was nice information.

Mar 31, 06 8:35 pm  · 
 · 
maya mcdifference

wow. that's a really high acceptance rate at columbia, or at least higher than i thought it would be.

Apr 1, 06 3:20 pm  · 
 · 
Cure

shaybug, when are u going to the campus visits?

Apr 1, 06 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
maya mcdifference

i'm going to see ucla, berkeley, and sci-arc this week. i'm probably going to columbia on the 14th, but i really wish i could go sooner. what about you?

Apr 1, 06 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
Cure

what is ur email...i'll email u when i get back from columbia. i go on the 5th next week, im really excited :)

Apr 1, 06 10:02 pm  · 
 · 
mnesikles

if anyone is torn right now about choosing a comparable program(sci-arc, gsd, AA, etc) over columbia.....i would say go to the other program. columbia is great, but it's very, very crowded, and you will likely have similar, if not better production facilities at the other schools. being in avery (and nyc), space is at a high premium, and thus, constantly at a shortage. you'll probably be more comfortable elsewhere...imho

Apr 2, 06 12:16 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: