Archinect
anchor

This American Life

Ok so I'm super cheap and I'm looking to find downloads of This American Life episodes (NPR - Ira Glass) for free. I know that audible.com sells them but I don't want to pay $4 per show. I want to listen to the show on my ipod, so the streaming option doesn't work.
Does anyone know where I can get them for cheaper than $4?

Mar 28, 06 3:13 pm
interstitial

go to the source... there is 11 years worth of programming

this american life

Mar 28, 06 11:03 pm  · 
 · 
interstitial

or try this

this american life

Mar 28, 06 11:04 pm  · 
 · 
silvernoise

Check to see if your library has any copies of CD's they've released.
That 's another good source, though limited on the number of episodes.

Mar 29, 06 12:49 pm  · 
 · 
waxwings

you can use a recording program and record the stream (if you can't find freeware then you can probably use a demo with a limited number of uses to see if you like it -check out downloads on CNET).

i used this method for awhile, but all my shows are now podcasted. money-grub'n ira glass.

Mar 29, 06 5:04 pm  · 
 · 

waxwings what kind of program should i look for on CNET. as in, what should i look to search for? i just dont know what it would be called.

Apr 1, 06 10:30 pm  · 
 · 
waxwings

i used a program called audio cd converter which has a recording feature. never bought it, the demo came with 30 free uses -it probably costs 20 bucks or so.

there may be something better out there -search recording software on download.com.

Apr 2, 06 12:41 am  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

there are many free plugins available for winamp, the most notable is streamripper...it will even get the names and name each song

Apr 2, 06 4:02 am  · 
 · 

awesome. thanks!

Apr 2, 06 8:58 am  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

Dang, I get bored in Angola, but this is a first....

Apr 2, 06 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i think that my years of living in chicago overexposed me TAL and i can barely listen to ira glass's dweeby voice ...although i am streaming wbez npr outta chicago right now and havent heard anything come out of his annoying trap in an hour or so...

Apr 2, 06 3:27 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: