Archinect
anchor

La Copa America 2004

agarch

Who's your fav team?

Inaugural matches: Colombia and Venezuela. Colombia won 1-0, earns 3pts. Peru and Bolivia. Tied 2-2, both earn 1 pt.

The Copa America is being played in Peru, the host for the tournament and runs from July 6 - July 25.

Jul 7, 04 1:21 am
aeaa

I'm sticking with Holand. I know they got knocked out in the semis for that Euro thing but they have a better chance in the south.

no really, argentina!!

Jul 7, 04 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
aeaa

i also can't spell

Jul 7, 04 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
Tectonic

MEXICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mexico VS Uruguay

They are playing right now 6.07.04 16:07

Score 0-0

I think Mexico is going to win 2-0

Jul 7, 04 7:08 pm  · 
 · 
Tectonic

Never mind Uruguay just scored

Jul 7, 04 7:31 pm  · 
 · 
Tectonic

Never mind Uruguay just scored

Jul 7, 04 7:31 pm  · 
 · 
Tectonic

Final score
Uruguai 2 Mexico 2

Jul 7, 04 9:51 pm  · 
 · 
agarch

dont know about la naranja mecanica, what i do know is Mexico and Argentina are going head to head mano a mano on Saturday.

Jul 8, 04 12:54 am  · 
 · 
mauOne™

venezuela !

Jul 8, 04 9:25 am  · 
 · 
PostDepot

some post-copa 2004 thoughts;
games started as an inferior cousin to euro 2004 that is against the disinterest of overseas fans (oversaturated with soccer during euro 2004) and media. a lack of spectacular interest, however, did not take away from the momentum developed during the games.
after a while games picked up and latin american soccer prevailed.
for me, systematic discipline of european soccer was contrasted with free form system of sudden scoring and individual mastery of control of the ball. it was like the difference between marching band drums and latin percussion. a lot of latin stars playing in europe, take full advantage of this difference and percussion thru their scoring ways in european leauges.
peru had a low budget organization and it showed in low attendance and the condition of the stadiums. thus, showing the economic dire straits of south american nations.
all the individual teams had their moments in the name of the good soccer.
brazil has a new skeleton that will probably compete in world cup 2006. and they are dangerous and unpredictable as ever. and they were lucky against much experienced argentina in the final match.
uruguay plays the closest game to european relatives as colombia as passionate as ever.mexico is a good team but lacks consistancy.
qustion is, could brazil break down much revered greek defence and discipline?
i'll leave that to experts and other soccer fans.

Jul 27, 04 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
Francisco David Boira

Are you keeping in mind that Ronhaldino, Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Emmerson didn't play at all because of club duties?
Brazil will be the king for a good while.
Argentinians must not be very pleased to have been beaten by the second team of the Brazilian squad.

Jul 27, 04 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
mauOne™

It is such a shame though, that Brazil has lost the natural aesthetic and the cheer of the samba with so many players in Europe, maybe now that they’ve proven their efficiency enough, they can dedicate more effort to having fun in the field and provide a good spectacle.

Jul 27, 04 3:51 pm  · 
 · 
Tectonic

For Argentina it's gotta hurt.
For Brazil it just foreshadows their future.
For Copa America as an institution great game, excellent game.

Jul 27, 04 7:13 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

Copa America actually sucked.... made me wanna cry to see a champion that never really played, they only "wanted" to play when they where down in the score...and argentina...well they not have one of their best teams right now, mexico?? well paisanos....where not getting anywhere...and the rest...was an awfull level....

there has not been a very good team for Brazil since the '82 '86 world cups team... Zico, Alemao, etc. (just some good players, Romario, Bebeto, Dunga, Roberto Carlos, please dont even try to compare ronaldo to these great players....ronaldinho is way betrer than ronaldo)

Jul 27, 04 9:56 pm  · 
 · 
Zoë Coombes

Good MADianito...thats the way to settle in to BCN quite nicely. :)

Jul 28, 04 2:56 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

ur tracing me thru the website dude....stalker!

Jul 28, 04 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

im actually life-long fan of Real Madrid...i dunno what im going to do at barcelona!! lol...im scared.... nah i will end up liking barcelona....or ppl would make me like it by punching me every time

Jul 28, 04 7:24 pm  · 
 · 
agarch

The EuroCup and the Copa America can't be compared in terms of structure . The two are separate entities, were founded in two separate periods, places. I wonder how much the EuroCup net profited per investment, adjusting for inflation compared to the Copa America.

The final Brazil vs Argentina references back to Pele and Maradona. I think the final did justice to this long revered rivalry. It was absolutely amazing.

Brazilians showed the discipline and it paid off, they were not about the show as much as about winning the games. Believe me these players in South America have technique as much if not better than the Europeans. I've seen their training camps and recruiting methods of madness for rural area teams. These players can display "gayer" soccer and many can balance discipline and show better than europeans. first things first.

Here and now, the embetterment of a league is NOT reliant of emulating another one. So you can't critique La Copa America for still holding a third place match and for holding it in sea-level conditions as some of my "new" european friends have said, should they have pedicure, child care, electrochrome vip booths+launge, jacuzzy and silver-lined bathroom fixtures, i disagree, it's ALL ABOUT THE GAME and playing conditions were excellent.

Jul 28, 04 10:12 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

well my friend...do u ever wonder why there are not too many mexican players around international leagues (i mean besides that most of them suck, hehehe) ???, well they most of times get better paid here in mexico than if they go outside to other leagues, thats also why mexico is a league that imports a lot of south american players to its league, and trust me...they also have treatment like in european teams, they too date models/tv hot actresses, etc... some of them if they're actually having a bad season, out of the blue the "girlfriend" breaks up with her.... funny if u think those "girlfriends" r actually working for the TV companies which owns the team(s).... keep dreaming, latin america is not 3rd world for payments in soccer leagues....

Jul 28, 04 11:17 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: