Archinect
anchor

Work Samples help/critique requested

brer

http://www.umich.edu/~jadega/2-18-06.pdf

(15mb)

I'm trying to get together some sample work pages to send to firms with my resume and to leave with interviewers. I'm not completely sure what form this should take, so I was hoping that I could get some critique on what I have or what I lack. I tried to show the range of things that I could do that would be beneficial to a firm, so I included physical models, plans/sections/axons/perspectives as autocad drawings and pencil drawings, and renderings in 3dsMax and Rhino. Is this too jumbled together or does it seem cohesive?

I appreciate it!

Mar 18, 06 8:34 pm
GT+...:(

I like your work and it has a nice layout. But damn that's a large .pdf file. What is you resolution? Do you want firms to be able to print a perfect copy or just to look at on a CD, because they probably won't take the time to print out a copy. Maybe it's not that big of a deal and my computer is too slow. Anyway good luck though I like it.

Mar 18, 06 9:02 pm  · 
 · 
frisbee pirata

Those first two projects are realllly cool. dug each and every image of those. The work on the third page is all good, but just feels stapled on, as if there werent any other worthy projects. But, damn, that tree school... i had a similar idea one time.

Mar 18, 06 9:11 pm  · 
 · 
brer

I'm having some trouble exporting from InDesign at a decent resolution while maintaining a small file size, can anyone help with this? What settings, for example, do you use for DPI, compression type, version compatability, etc? The version that I posted above is at a quality that it can be printed out, which is fine for that and what I need it for right now, but for sending it through email its bulky.

Mar 19, 06 10:19 am  · 
 · 
brer

Okay, nevermind on that last comment, I managed to cut it down considerably.

Mar 19, 06 10:29 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: