Archinect
anchor

Give it to me straight up-my portfolio

wood_

the movie sucked anyways; overrated poor inner-city kids singing throughout the movie.

Mar 20, 06 10:26 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

Ok, here is a newer update. I'm running short on time. As a reminder, this is to be double sided, 5.5x8 with spiral binding. I tried to make the changes that Archinectors and classmates suggested. I hope it looks better. I still need to prepare some design sheets. Again, thanks for all your help guys.

Bungholio

Mar 25, 06 3:08 am  · 
 · 
NRKTecture

Hasselhoff,

It looks like you have a lot of creative talent.

While I'm currently a student and relatively new to the field I am older and have been asked by a few of my professors to sit with other architects and review lower classmen's (women's) work.

all I can say is... where's the meat. You really should make the time to create models or some pull back renderings of your projects. You obviously spent the time and energy to develop these ideas, the least you could do is communicate them clearly.

Mar 25, 06 11:33 am  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

I know, I know, I know. I need models and conventional drawings. I've been complaining about that for 3 semesters now. But I've got basically three studios this semester and I don't have time to make models for old projects right now. These are the images that I have. Is this thing good enough to get me a CAD monkey job for the summer or should I look for something else and work on my old projects this summer?

Mar 25, 06 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
paper

Like someone else said, double check your kerning. The text is spaced way too far apart with the default justify-all bit you've done. You think it looks cool / innovative. It's really just distracting.

Reduce or cut the Japan section. Right now the text basically reads as a bunch of statistics saying, "according to recent estimates, the Japanese are breeding like rabbits, and will over flow their poor little island." Not only is it irrelevant, but to me, offensively anthropological in a Rudyard Kipling sort of way. So you went to Japan, and you read some demographics while you were there? Is that all you did?

What I want to know is what you were doing in Japan / why that experience is important to you / why that experience should be important to me.

Mar 25, 06 12:01 pm  · 
 · 
e909

my plain old opinions:
i like the topo of the school roof. a plus that runoff goes different places. seems to create a nice level of complexity that design can riffoff.

i couldn't make much sense or attain much interest in other parts, but the renfro emcummings+blue-arcs thing was graphically refined.

fyi, i'm LA, not arch.

Mar 26, 06 5:32 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: