Archinect
anchor

good schools for RIBA Part III

spiderdad

hi y'all...

i was wondering if anyone can offer any words of advice for RIBA Part III course / professional practuc

what are the good schools, what should i look for, any past experiences, etc... etc....

im in london, and am hoping to start the course after the summer...

any advice much appreciated.

Mar 12, 06 1:15 pm
SpringFresh

the bartlett has a very thorough course- because its degree and diploma dont cover much proffesional application of 'real world architecture', therefore they have to be very comprehensive to then teach all aspects, which means its a great course - and open to anyone. The AA one is meant to be good too, because you dont have to have a case study project to use as an example, but this can mean the course is very difficult.

It not my experience- just what i have heard from a fair few people

Mar 12, 06 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
siggers

I wonder what the cost of such courses is? I think London Met does a Part III course.

And why do it in uni rather than while you´re working? If you can afford it then why not - but I know a lot of us can´t!

Mar 12, 06 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
spiderdad

sigum, the course costs about 1k for home students.

the course is only run part-time- and you need to work full-time inorder to have the necessary hours in the various stages of a project as well as contracts laws and all that yummy stuff.
so you take occassional classes and sit exams while working...

Mar 13, 06 2:50 am  · 
 · 

can 2nd the reputation o bartlett for pIII, but i was working in an office filled with bartlettians so am biased...;-)

not sure how is it possible to do part III without a case study project. how does that work?

Mar 13, 06 3:15 am  · 
 · 
spiderdad

jump; you can find details of the aa course here:

http://www.aaschool.ac.uk/graduate/professionalstudies.shtm

does anyone know if riba/arb still accept the old hand-written logbooks? instead of pedr?

i know tonnes of people who didnt bother filling out the online log... but surely this doesn't mean everyone is screwed?

Mar 13, 06 3:33 am  · 
 · 
spiderdad

_bump_

can anyone shed any light into the other courses at the following schools...

Westminister? the Met? South Bank? Kingston??

Mar 14, 06 5:52 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: