Archinect
anchor

'Frank Lloyd Wright meets Vedic Architercture'

SandeeWhiteman

In the same vien as researchers who have sought connectionsbetween 'isolation' and 'unfolding' architecture, I have recently come across a methodology that, while formalist, is integrally open to the cosmos. Known as Sthapatya Veda, it's 'unfolding' qualities might even be expanding through the incorporation of Frank Lloyd Wright's concepts. Since Vedic architecture seems to focus on planimetric arrangments (horizontal layout), the opportunity exists to incorporate Frank Lloyd Wright's 'layered', 'stratigraphic' stategies.I wonder however, if such considerations disregard critical plan-based concepts, or even if perhaps, all of FLW's moves could be interpreted in 'vertical' terms (for example, the idea of 'hearth' would seem to be dependent on horizontal center, but might be more connected to the vertical idea of 'ground'.)

Mar 11, 06 10:35 pm

i feel nothing but clostrophobia..please don't e mail me until i let you know its okay. and i've never met that guy in india. i know he handles the money and i did not charge him for somebody else's plans. my lawyer dosn't recall the transaction and bbb will be notified..

Mar 11, 06 11:54 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: