Archinect
anchor

ashes and snow

Bula

Anyone been to the Santa Monica exhibit">http://www.ashesandsnow.org/]exhibit[/url] yet? IMO, Shigeru Ban's temporary structure is quite elegant and effective, and Gregory Colbert's photos are even more stunning when viewed in such a large format. I still can't believe these images have not been digitally altered. It appears the musuem/installation was in NY last year as well.

Mar 8, 06 3:07 pm
A Center for Ants?

i thought that the videos were much much more evocative than the photos.

the photos, as much as they were amazing as they weren't digitally altered just seemed too contrived. it felt very commercial to me. i think the videos conveyed the abstraction and the juxtaposition between the elements much more convincingly.

i think it's a largely due to the fact that we question any image we see now as digital editing is so ubiquitous and well done. visual still photography is more about mood than composition and it just felt like a fashion shoot to me.

Mar 8, 06 3:15 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

with the colbert photos, the couple i've seen advertised on the side of the busses, I was projecting emotions to the images. after realizing that their meaning was really coming from me...i thought the images had forced cleverness...

Mar 8, 06 3:39 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: