Archinect
anchor

More compelling argument?

TWINE

No, I don't want you to write my paper for me; I enjoy doing that. BUT, I'm having a hard time deciding:

Zumthor's Baths... visceral/sensual experience or ordered/systematic?

The facade and interior speak highly of order but, I mean, it's a BATH. So - the structure itself or its function? I started writing as sensuous, but I'm having second thoughts.

This might be ill-received, but eh, just curious. I don't think I'm allowed to argue for both.

Mar 7, 06 1:54 am
French

I don't think you have to choose between the two TWINE. The demonstration of the Vals bath is precisely to show that a highly rigorous conception does produce a strangely strong sensual relation to space once experienced as a physical object. You should probably study the means and how of this beautiful ambiguity.

Mar 7, 06 5:40 am  · 
 · 
TWINE

See, I don't think I should have to choose/even have that choice, rationally, but my paper topic calls for decision.

I might just follow my instincts though, which are the same as yours... capitalizing on their connection and how one facilitates the other.

Thanks.

Mar 7, 06 5:58 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: