Archinect
anchor

Walk-in business

ochona

seems to me the ultimate storefront would be if the office actually OPENED to the sidewalk, although with some of these locales yes, you do have a bit of a security problem. however, i must admit my daydream of working from home trumps working from a storefront, unless the two are combined...and the wife wants a front yard so no

Feb 23, 06 10:37 am  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

I did a summer gig at a street level office awhile back. It didn't have a storefront but was on a up and coming trendy neighborhood street so clients and friends were always just dropping in. The office was super tiny and most of the time had an extraordinarily uncomfortable vibe except for when there were visitors. It was actually quite nice how relaxed the owner was with his clients and I could see why they trusted him and actually wanted to hang out with him. Very good instruction on how important being personable is to dong business.

Feb 23, 06 11:16 am  · 
 · 
Bloopox

snooker: yes, it is a professional office - we are two licensed architects and some interns. We're in a location where there are a number of other architecture firms as well, which makes it a prime destination for product reps and other salespeople who can hit several firms at once. But we don't tend to get walk-in clients except when they're "shepherded" by a former client or somebody else with some connection to us.

Feb 24, 06 11:56 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

make sure you get one of these...

Feb 25, 06 6:29 am  · 
 · 
SuperHeavy

would putting your most 'out there' designs in the front window, say a competition proposal for a drive up office building or moon hotel or something to that effect scare away any of the faux victorian types?

Feb 25, 06 2:10 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: