Archinect
anchor

Stone Cladding question

Hasselhoff

For my building skins class, we have to design...a building skin. Anyway, we have to estimate the cost for said skin when we present this week. I can't find any prices online, they all just offer quotes. I don't have time to wait for that so I'm wondering if anyone has some sources or just knows off the top of their head. My skin is a structurally glazed curtain wall with both glass and stone panels. It's about 50/50. He told us a glass curtain wall is about $60-80/sf. So what I'm looking for is that cost of 3'x3'x2" stone slabs/tiles. I don't care what kind of stone at this point, I'll just lie. Also by what pecentage do you think the price would go up for 'folding' the wall? Think Winka's Greenwich St. apts. Thoughts would be appreciated. Thanky

Feb 19, 06 11:51 am

see if your school library has books published by r.s. means - construction pricing manuals that are updated each year. if your school library doesn't, your local public library may.

or, call a local contractor and ask for the estimating dept. they may be hesitant to talk to you unless you tell them you're a student and what you're doing but, after you get past that, they'll probably get a kick out of it and tell you anything you need to know. pick a biggish commercial contractor, by the way. a house-building won't know anything about stone cladding.

Feb 19, 06 12:10 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: