Archinect
anchor

drywall construction terms

momentum

Okay, found this link while looking for something else, and i thought some of you might enjoy it.

http://www.drywallconstruction.com/drywall_plaster_terms.htm

it basically amounts to a ton of drywall terminiology, some more technically based than others. mixed in are wonderful little tidbits like this:

Ambient Space Pudding - n. Soothing electronic music, suitable for mediation or snoozing.

Angry Fruit Salad - n. A bad web page design, filled with splashy, clashing colors.

Darwin - v. To die due to one's own stupidity or lack of adaptability. Often used to describe failed construction companies.

It's A "Feature" - exclm. Sarcastic remark to indicate something that has been done incorrectly or doesn't work the way it was designed, but will be corrected. The 90's equivalent of "Yeah, but it's a dry heat".

I Don't Make the Fries - exclm. It's not my fault, don't give me any shit for it.

Obtainium - n. materials or tools that one may not have necessarily paid for.

Static on all Channels - adj. 1. Information sought is not being found, especially if due to bureaucracy 2. A person being evasive.

Tieland - n. That part of the building where executives or other business types work.

Toasties - n. Drugs.

Unobtanium - n. Amazingly cool stuff you just can't find or afford.

Vidiot - n. Someone whose knowledge is limited exclusively to what they see on television.

Wood Butchers - Carpenters.

Yard Sale - n. A horrendous crash or fall that scatters your gear, tools and or materials all over the ground as if on display for a "yard sale".

Zoned Commercial - adj. A prostitute.

Zoned Industrial - adj. 1. Someone who has sex with anything and everything that moves. 2. Someone who is constantly pregnant, a "baby factory".

Zoned Residential - adj. Pregnant.

Feb 16, 06 1:55 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: